The 1:4 bowls were one of eleven products produced by different designers in response to photographs of a fictional character named Vera, which Dezeen featured in a story earlier this week.
Precise measurements were necessary to produce each bowl's concrete components, similar to the regular cake-baking that Vera's mother is imagined to have done.
Each day, for 30 days, a different designer will use a one metre by one metre space to exhibit their work at Dezeen Space. See the full lineup for Dezeen Platform here and see all our stories about the work on show here.
17 September - 16 October
54 Rivington Street,
London EC2A 3QN
- Sarah Lucas uses concrete breeze blocks …to create first furniture range
- "Designers tend to be copycats," says Ad…idas global creative director
- The Bent Hands by Giha Woo and Shingoeun
- Rotterdam Chair by Hella Jongerius
- Plakbanterie by Johan Bruninx
- Headless rooftop chickens by Rootoftwo r…espond to internet panic levels
- Love With You music video by Harald Hara…ldsson
- MYo1 and MYo2 Reverse Collection by Mich…ael Young
- Dezeen and MINI unveil visions for the f…uture of mobility at London Design Festival
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories