The Temporary Trees series of images and movie feature models in motion with coloured strips of paper, balloons or translucent scarves representing the leaves of different trees.
The designers were invited by Eindhoven cultural institute MU to create the project for the Make a Forest initiative, where fake trees are installed all over the world to celebrate the United Nations International Year of Forests.
It's on show at Wild-S in the Strijp-S district of Eindhoven.
Dutch Design Week continues until 30 October
Here are some more details from the designers:
Raw Color & Mkgk for MU, Make a Forest
Trees are often regarded as objects and are removed according to the landscape plan ruthlessly. In the Netherlands trees typically reach only one tenth of the age that they could make.
For Raw Color and studio Maarten Kolk & Guus Kusters trees are anything but static. They ever changing life forms that determine how we experience light, shade, wind and changes of the seasons. This observation, is translated to “illusions” of trees in different materials, that represent the life, dynamics and transformation of trees.
The Temporary Trees have a place in the MU pavilion ‘Wild-S’ on the Strijp-S area. Invited by MU the project is part of Make a Forest, an international platform, founded by Joanna van der Zanden and Anne van der Zwaag.
- Pebble by KiBiSi at Dezeen Watch Store
- Unexpected Welcome at Moooi London
- Industrial Facility adds Branca Stool to… collection for Mattiazzi
- Tabbed Chair by Scott, Rich and Victoria
- Bottled Lamps by Kiki van Eijk
- Stefan Borselius develops Tondo chair in…to sofa system for Fogia
- Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents: Kili…an Schindler
- 2 Million & 1 AD by Austin Houldsworth
- Bjarke Ingels draws city outlines around… porcelain tableware
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories