The Temporary Trees series of images and movie feature models in motion with coloured strips of paper, balloons or translucent scarves representing the leaves of different trees.
The designers were invited by Eindhoven cultural institute MU to create the project for the Make a Forest initiative, where fake trees are installed all over the world to celebrate the United Nations International Year of Forests.
It's on show at Wild-S in the Strijp-S district of Eindhoven.
Dutch Design Week continues until 30 October
Here are some more details from the designers:
Raw Color & Mkgk for MU, Make a Forest
Trees are often regarded as objects and are removed according to the landscape plan ruthlessly. In the Netherlands trees typically reach only one tenth of the age that they could make.
For Raw Color and studio Maarten Kolk & Guus Kusters trees are anything but static. They ever changing life forms that determine how we experience light, shade, wind and changes of the seasons. This observation, is translated to “illusions” of trees in different materials, that represent the life, dynamics and transformation of trees.
The Temporary Trees have a place in the MU pavilion ‘Wild-S’ on the Strijp-S area. Invited by MU the project is part of Make a Forest, an international platform, founded by Joanna van der Zanden and Anne van der Zwaag.
- The Hatton and Hyde ranges by Assemblyro…om
- Designed in Hackney: laser dresses by Hu…ssein Chalayan for Swarovski
- Daphne by 24° Studio
- Cocoon-like suit helps protect against E…bola by peeling away to minimise contact
- Aoyama by Noé Duchaufour-Lawrance for L…igne Roset
- Plants grow inside Maxim Scherbakov's ma…rble Sputnik-5 table
- Kawamura Ganjavian designs Kangaroo Ligh…t for the bottom of your bag
- Growth Modeling Device by David Bowen
- Tableware by ICOSAEDRO designed to be pr…inted out at home
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories