Called Pro, the chair was originally designed for schools according to research recommending classroom seating that encourages movement.
It comes in a choice of five bases, six colours and three sizes.
imm cologne takes place from 16 to 22 January 2012. See all our stories about Konstantin Grcic here and our interviews with him on Dezeen Screen.
Photography is by Oliviero Toscani.
Here are some more details from Flötotto:
the new chair collection PRO, designed by Konstantin Grcic for the famous German manufacturer Flötotto, celebrates its launch at imm cologne 2012. Innovatively set on stage by Italian photographer Oliviero Toscani, PRO will be presented in hall 11.1. / stand B 042 at the Cologne fair. PRO convinces in its versatility: 3 different sizes, 6 colours and 5 different bases.
At the very beginning of the development PRO was intended to be a chair designed for the usage as school furnishing – Flötotto has a strong heritage in school furniture and aimed to update this success story in a contemporary and innovative way. Due to his functional quality combined with a light and friendly appeal PRO became a truly universal chair family, which can be used in contract as well as in private environments. PRO is a chair which provokes different seating positions and simultaneously stimulates the mobility of the user. Basic concept of the very special design of the PRO chair are recent scientific studies on “Active Seating“ in school rooms.
We cordially invite you to experience PRO; visit Flötotto at imm cologne 2012.
- SAM and Map create Internet of Things …toolkit for building connected products
- Cloud Walk Chandelier by Yu Jordy Fu
- Aware Project by the Interactive Insti…tute
- “Kanye wants me to do a YSL” - Pet…er Saville
- Coral by Studio Aisslinger
- Styrofoam Sofa by Kwangho Lee
- Les Ailes Noires by +tongtong
- New Basics by Alain Berteau for Objekt…en
- 60Bag by Katarzyna Okinczyc and Remigi…usz Truchanowicz
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories