Their large hood-like shades diffuse the bright white light into a soft, wide beam.
Ligne Roset will also present their new collection at Maison & Objet in Paris from 20 to 24 January.
Here are some more details from Ligne Roset:
Two highly original lights (table lamp and floor lamp) which work on the principle of an oversized shade and illumination via strips of LED’s.
The Peye floor lamp is a reflection on the illuminated object as a generator of atmosphere and space. The system of LED’s gives off, almost mysteriously, an all-enveloping light that highlights the curves of the shade.
Oversized in inspiration, the Peye floor lamp, with its surprising dimensions, occupies a truly singular position in the domestic landscape. Its shade, which rests on a solid wood stem, is in composite material, with white interior and anthracite exterior. The LED’s are arranged all around the opening, in the rear of the shade.
The Olive table lamp has been devised as an illuminated chest, the design of which liberates itself from the formal constrains relating to the use of the bulb. The indirect light source reveals the generous shade of this singularly proportioned light, from which a soft, diffuse atmosphere is given off.
Numéro 111 is a trio of 2 designers and an architect from St Etienne, who have already made their mark with several projects in the fields of furniture design and interior design. They demand a global, dialogue-based approach, one which is not limited to a single hierarchy or discipline. Sensitive to both forms
and materials, Numéro 111 provokes and offers, through its creations, reflections on usage arising from the three team members’ cross-disciplinary standpoint on our daily lives.
- Torsten Sherwood launches Shaker-influ…enced furniture collection
- KiBiSi by Kilo Design, BIG and Skibste…d Ideation
- FLIP alarm clock turns off by turning …it over
- Pentagram rebrands MIT Media Lab with …grid-generated glyphs
- Aim lamps by Ronan and Erwan Bouroulle…c for Flos
- Neri Oxman creates wearable 3D-printed… structures for interplanetary voyages
- Pod by Benjamin Hubert for De Vorm
- Peter Marigold at Great Brits in Milan
- Second Nature at 21_21 Design Sight
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories