The two-storey Veterinarian N House has a square-shaped plan and is angled away from the metal screen to create four triangular courtyards in the gaps between.
One of these courtyards accommodates the entrance to the ground-floor clinic, while the second is the entrance to the apartment above and the other two provide a service area and animal garden.
Oriented strand board lines the interior walls of the building, which has a timber-framed structure.
In the apartment upstairs, a living room, bedroom, guest room and balcony surround a cluster of utilities rooms that include a kitchen.
This is the first animal hospital we've ever featured on Dezeen, but you can see more stories about animals here, including chicken homes, bird cages and fish bowls.
Photography is by Ookura Hideki.
Here's a little more text from Eureka:
Veterinarian N House
Designed by Eureka + atelier CHOCOLATE
A two story building of an animal hospital and the veterinarian's house.
We created several gardens around the building - garden for animals, backyard, garden for the dweller.
Since those gardens are narrow, we rotated the building and created trapezoidal gardens so that those gardens could be wider space.
The top/bottom edge of the metal screen at the site border changes in response to the surroundings and trims the view toward the outside of the site.
Ground floor plan
First floor plan
- Hong Kong PSi Tower by Michael Young
- Kevin Daly Architects builds a low-cost …housing community in Santa Monica
- Reconstruction of Nahr el-Bared Refugee …Camp
- EcoLogicStudio transforms cladding syste…m into a bioreactor with Urban Algae Canopy
- More images of Adjaye pavilion
- House HB by Bevk Perović Arhitekti
- Centrum Muziek XXI by Architecten van Mo…urik
- House on the Flight of Birds by Bernardo… Rodrigues
- Nagi by Eiri Ota and Irene Gardpoit Chan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories