Dezeen Wire: design critic Alice Rawsthorn interviews Japanese designer Oki Sato of Nendo about how the company got its name, the humour and stories behind their work and his current preoccupation with glass-blowing - New York Times
Nendo presented two exhibitions of their work in Paris last week: furniture that's only stable when objects are placed on it and another collection at Carpernters Workshop Gallery that includes containers made of agricultural netting, tables with glass tops that have been allowed to flow outside their frames and huge blown-glass bubbles trapped in steel coffee tables.
See all our stories about Nendo here and watch our interview with Oki Sato on Dezeen Screen.
- Design Miami/Basel 2008: Designers of th…e Future winners
- Postal stores for TNT by Merkx + Girod A…rchitecten
- 132 5. by Issey Miyake
- Kvadrat's Divina fabric interpreted by 2…2 contemporary designers
- Designers react to the Apple Watch
- Autumn Winter 2013 collection by Jaimee …McKenna
- Bush of Iron by Nacho Carbonell
- Via Fondazza brass vases by Paolo Dell'E…lce are modelled on still life paintings
- Traffic by Konstantin Grcic for Magis
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories