Dezeen Wire: design critic Alice Rawsthorn interviews Japanese designer Oki Sato of Nendo about how the company got its name, the humour and stories behind their work and his current preoccupation with glass-blowing - New York Times
Nendo presented two exhibitions of their work in Paris last week: furniture that's only stable when objects are placed on it and another collection at Carpernters Workshop Gallery that includes containers made of agricultural netting, tables with glass tops that have been allowed to flow outside their frames and huge blown-glass bubbles trapped in steel coffee tables.
See all our stories about Nendo here and watch our interview with Oki Sato on Dezeen Screen.
- Lego-inspired modular structures resto…re damaged coral reefs
- Fury! by Roel-jan Elsinga
- Recession Chair by Tjep.
- Colour Injector lamp by Taras Sgibnev
- Scatter Shelf by Nendo
- ZiG by Ryan Frank
- Saturn by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- Global Street Food by Mike Meiré for …Dornbracht
- Nendo bases furniture for Walt Disney …Japan on Winnie-the-Pooh characters
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories