Slideshow: Zurich designers Atelier Volvox rescued these unloved plush toys and gave them a new lease of life by turning them inside out - eyes and all.
Samuel Coendet and Lea Gerber collected the toys from second-hand shops and forgotten corners of nursery schools before cutting them open to reverse the fur.
The Outsiders toys received the Recycling Design Preis 2012 in Germany last week.
See all our stories about toys here.
Here's a little text from the designers:
Outsiders are second-hand plush toys of various forms and sizes, who are given a new life by opening, reversing and resewing them.
Due to this procedure an old, worn plush toy becomes a "brand new" product - with a slightly different look. Despite their bizarre appearance, however, Outsiders are friendly and adorable.
Materials: plush toy; yarn
Source of materials: second hand shops, nursery
Designer: Samuel Coendet, Lea Gerber
Click above for larger image
- Leica camera by Jonathan Ive and Marc Ne…wson
- Angle lights by Tom Dixon
- Fisherman by TAF for Zero
- 10th Anniversary jewellery by Atelier XJ…C
- Insegna Anche a Me la Libertà delle Ron…dini – Fabio Novembre at Rotonda di via Besana
- Digital Explorers: Discovery at Metropol…itan Works
- "We use three basic 3D-printing processe…s at Materialise"
- Untitled Lights by Karen Ryan
- LEM wall lamps by Daniel Becker
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories