Slideshow: Zurich designers Atelier Volvox rescued these unloved plush toys and gave them a new lease of life by turning them inside out - eyes and all.
Samuel Coendet and Lea Gerber collected the toys from second-hand shops and forgotten corners of nursery schools before cutting them open to reverse the fur.
The Outsiders toys received the Recycling Design Preis 2012 in Germany last week.
See all our stories about toys here.
Here's a little text from the designers:
Outsiders are second-hand plush toys of various forms and sizes, who are given a new life by opening, reversing and resewing them.
Due to this procedure an old, worn plush toy becomes a "brand new" product - with a slightly different look. Despite their bizarre appearance, however, Outsiders are friendly and adorable.
Materials: plush toy; yarn
Source of materials: second hand shops, nursery
Designer: Samuel Coendet, Lea Gerber
Click above for larger image
- Craig Robins: "Furniture companies key t…o regenerating Miami Design District"
- Smart cup by Yves Behar knows precisely …what's in your drink
- "We have created a new type of water" - …Philippe Starck
- Philippe Starck's Juicy Salif was "the m…ost controversial lemon squeezer of the century"
- Furniture by Atelier Van Lieshout at Car…penters Workshop Gallery
- Swiss watch based on Helvetica typeface …arrives at Dezeen Watch Store
- Ground Barware by Michael Antrobus
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: save £5…0 on VOID V02 watches
- The Birds, Bats and Bees by various desi…gners
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories