Slideshow: Zurich designers Atelier Volvox rescued these unloved plush toys and gave them a new lease of life by turning them inside out - eyes and all.
Samuel Coendet and Lea Gerber collected the toys from second-hand shops and forgotten corners of nursery schools before cutting them open to reverse the fur.
The Outsiders toys received the Recycling Design Preis 2012 in Germany last week.
See all our stories about toys here.
Here's a little text from the designers:
Outsiders are second-hand plush toys of various forms and sizes, who are given a new life by opening, reversing and resewing them.
Due to this procedure an old, worn plush toy becomes a "brand new" product - with a slightly different look. Despite their bizarre appearance, however, Outsiders are friendly and adorable.
Materials: plush toy; yarn
Source of materials: second hand shops, nursery
Designer: Samuel Coendet, Lea Gerber
Click above for larger image
- ReMIX Studio outlines hutong house renov…ation plans with UV installation
- The Bradley Black tactile timepiece laun…ches exclusively at Dezeen Watch Store
- Summertime by Nika Zupanc
- Beasties, Zaha and BarberOsgerby for 20l…td
- "We don't know how to fix things" - Dani…el Charny at Dezeen Live
- Kitchen Insects by Sayaka Yamamoto
- Drawings on the London Olympics by Cloâ€…™e Floirat at Dezeen Super Store
- Interview: Tai Ping collection by Andre… Fu
- Forest Light by Ontwerpduo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories