The Form Pendants are meant to be hung in clusters using the three different shapes and different lengths of flex to create installations specific to each space. This is their third lighting project for Design House Stockholm - see the Work Lamp in our earlier story.
Here are some more details from Form Us with Love:
The collaboration between Form Us With Love and Design House Stockholm has been focusing on lighting; first the 2007 Cord Lamp, then the 2009 Work Lamp, and now the 2012 Form Pendants.
The idea behind Form Pendants is simple. Three glass pendants are blown in Bauhaus shapes - a circle, a rectangle and a triangle. They are intended to be grouped as installations, encouraging users to explore the interplay between shapes.
At the heart of Form Pendants is the idea of consumers becoming involved in the design process. Form Us With Love may design the lamps, but it is the consumer who designs the installation. And Design House Stockholm has a clear emphasis on the consumer.
Design House Stockholm has a really nice niche. We come to the home of someone we have never met before and the chances are that they have the Design House lamps. In the end, design is about people using it, says Form Us With Love.
- Grandmateria at Gallery Libby Sellers 2
- Interview with Jaime Hayón
- Spotlight Volumes by Lukas Peet
- Taxidermy sheep cabinet joins Salvador D…alí furniture collection
- M.A.S.S.A.S. by Patricia Urquiola for Mo…roso
- Cloudscapes at MOT by Tetsuo Kondo Archi…tects and Transsolar
- Dezeen at SXSW
- Helsinki Design Museum exhibition celebr…ates "Finland's second designer"
- ScanLAB and Vivienne Westwood collaborat…e on first laser-scanned photoshoot
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories