The simple cuboid form is cut away to create space for the handle, which also encircles the on-off switch.
The torch splits into two halves to reveal the electronics, which fit neatly into CNC-milled cavities.
The use of standard electronic components and computer controlled cutting processes make the torch straightforward to manufacture.
We recently rounded up all of our stories about things made from cork, including a set of pins that transform corks from wine bottles into animal characters and a light fitting that users can pin their own paper shade onto. See all of the stories here.
- Melvin the Mini Machine by HEYHEYHEY
- Jeonghwa Seo experiments with form for S…tructure For Use benches
- Familiar/Foreign by George Coffin
- The Fragility of Time by Ignacio Canales… Aracil
- Drawing Lamp by Thomas Feichtner
- Biostamp temporary tattoo electronic cir…cuits by MC10
- Les Astronautes fills Quebec passageway …with swimming pool toys
- The Radiation Collection by NOCC
- In a Room by Karen Ryan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories