The simple cuboid form is cut away to create space for the handle, which also encircles the on-off switch.
The torch splits into two halves to reveal the electronics, which fit neatly into CNC-milled cavities.
The use of standard electronic components and computer controlled cutting processes make the torch straightforward to manufacture.
We recently rounded up all of our stories about things made from cork, including a set of pins that transform corks from wine bottles into animal characters and a light fitting that users can pin their own paper shade onto. See all of the stories here.
- Stian Korntved Ruud is hand carving a wo…oden spoon every day for a year
- Pinha by Raw Edges for Materia
- Glück XL by Naomi Paul in The Changing …Room at Dezeen Super Store
- Philippe Starck for Driade
- Top lamp by Tham & Videgård Hansson Ark…itekter
- "He had a volcanic imagination" - Barnab…a Fornasetti on Piero Fornasetti
- Particle shelving by Dominic McCausland
- Glowing orbs cupped in wire baskets to f…orm pendant lamps
- André Chiote illustrates Brazil's World… Cup stadiums
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories