The simple cuboid form is cut away to create space for the handle, which also encircles the on-off switch.
The torch splits into two halves to reveal the electronics, which fit neatly into CNC-milled cavities.
The use of standard electronic components and computer controlled cutting processes make the torch straightforward to manufacture.
We recently rounded up all of our stories about things made from cork, including a set of pins that transform corks from wine bottles into animal characters and a light fitting that users can pin their own paper shade onto. See all of the stories here.
- LetThemSitCake! by Dejana Kabiljo
- Jaime Hayón shoes for Camper
- Transformations by Maarten de Ceulaer fo…r Fendi
- Wild flowers complete Spring rings by Ga…hee Kang
- Waive by Matthias Pliessnig
- Good Morning moka pot and Tuamotu hob by… Anderssen & Voll
- L.O.F.T by Maciek Wojcicki
- Dezeen Screen: The Solar Sinter by Marku…s Kayser
- Primal Skin makeup collection designed f…or men by Annemiek van der Beek
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories