Milan 2012: in this interview filmed by Dezeen at Tom Dixon's London studio he introduces MOST, the new design epicentre that he's instigated at the Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnologia in Milan during the Salone Internazionale del Mobile from 17 to 22 April. Watch this movie on Dezeen Screen »
Dixon explains his plans to install a metal-pressing machine among the museum's steam trains to stamp out chairs, lamps and other products, giving away 400 Stamp Lamps free to visitors on 21 April from 2pm. Golden tickets to win one of five chairs will be hidden inside five of the lamps.
Other highlights of MOST will include a simple restaurant installed in a monastic dining hall, our own Dezeen Studio powered by Jambox where we'll make a TV show every day, and presentations by Yves Behar, Studio Toogood and more.
National Museum of Science and Technology,
Via Olona 6, 20123 Milan, Italy
Entrance through Via Olona 6
Dates: Tuesday 17 April, 10AM – 9PM Wednesday 18 April, 10AM – 6PM
Thursday 19 – Saturday 21 April, 10AM – 9PM Sunday 22 April, 10AM – 6PM
Press Preview: Monday 16 April, 3PM-7PM
- Alex Hellum at 100% Norway
- Moon Fragment by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Rise by Hussein Chalayan
- Furniture that looks like line drawings …by Jinil Park
- Sensory Sky by Sieger Design for Dornbra…cht
- Advances in design software mean "materi…als are becoming media"
- Designs of the Year 2013 exhibition at t…he Design Museum
- Alessandro Zambelli launches hexagonal W…oodspot table lamp
- Designed in Hackney: Hackney Empireby Ho…use of Hackney
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories