Milan 2012: London designer Benjamin Hubert will present an upholstered version of his Maritime chair plus a coordinating dining table called Pontoon for Italian brand Casamania at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile next week.
The oak table has a slender frame with a central bar, stabilised by the distance between the rounded table top and under-frame.
See all our stories about Benjamin Hubert here.
Here's some more information from Benjamin Hubert:
Benjamin Hubert x Casamania
Pontoon is an oak dining table designed to work with the award winning Maritime dining chair. The table utilises the geometry and design language of the chair to create a simple and graphic table structure.
The table surface with generous corner radius is supported by slender legs connected together via a central beam. The legs taper to give an elegant silhouette made possible by the height positioning of the central structure to stabilise the slim profile. Pontoon is the second collaboration between Casamania and Benjamin Hubert launched at Salone Del Mobile in April 2012.
Oak, natural oil
W750mm x H730mm x L1800mm W750mm x H730mm x L2500mm
Martime S is an extension of the timber Maritime chair Launched in 2011. The new version offers soft upholstered panels inserted into the distinctive timber framework.
The padded areas are available in both textile and leather options and can be simply interchanged or reupholstered as they are connected to the structure via velcro panels.
Oak, natural oil, stain Kvadrat Divina MD, Leather
Dimensions W450mm x H730mm
- Gerrit Rietveld's Steltman chair reissue…d
- Wool Modern Installation by Not Tom
- Stop2Go by Mondaine at Dezeen Watch Stor…e
- Menu begins production of cloche-shaped …lamps by Grethe Meyer
- Steel frames are bolted together to form… Flexible Order modular furniture system
- Special feature: weird food
- Me mirrors by Mathias Hahn for Asplund
- Vitality by fuseproject for Sabi
- Jointed Jewels by Alissia Melka-Teichroe…w
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories