The giant red robot will provide seating between the railway pavilion and main building at the Museo Nazionale della Scienza e della Tecnologia.
Areaware will also be selling the orignal small wooden toys.
Here are soem more details from David Weeks:
David Weeks, the award-wining American-based designer; Quinze & Milan, the innovative Belgian design company and Areaware, the New York City based producer of unusual design objects, have joined forces for MOST. Their bigger-than-life, lounging Cubebot sculpture will put a smile on your face and provide a comfy spot to take a break from the Salone madness.
When David Weeks met with Quinze & Milan at Salone 2011, they both knew they wanted to work together. One year later, the Giant Cubebot debuts at Tom Dixon's MOST Salone!
At twenty times his original size, Cubebot feels like an imposing artifact from an ancient civilization, like the Colossi of Thebes or the Rapa Nui of Easter Island. However, his benevolent face invites interaction and since he's a functional piece of furniture, feel free to put your feet up and sit a spell.
AREAWARE, the U.S. manufacturer of the Cubebot toy, will be onsite at MOST with original Cubebots.
National Museum of Science and Technology,
Via Olona 6, 20123 Milan, Italy
Entrance through Via Olona 6
Dates: Tuesday 17 April, 10AM – 9PM Wednesday 18 April, 10AM – 6PM
Thursday 19 – Saturday 21 April, 10AM – 9PM Sunday 22 April, 10AM – 6PM
Press Preview: Monday 16 April, 3PM-7PM
- Design Academy Eindhoven in Milan 2
- Natura by Héctor Serrano for La Medit…erranea
- Matali Crasset creates faceted present…ation cases from concrete
- Aldo Bakker designs sculptural stainle…ss steel tableware for Georg Jensen
- Inaugural London design sale and think… tank at Phillips de Pury & Company
- Nendo and Camper team up for sunglasse…s range
- 28 Series Desk Lamp by Omer Arbel for …Bocci
- Ammo Liao's recyclable Bio-Knit traine…rs have uppers knitted from a single material
- Mutewatch at Dezeen Watch Store
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories