Milan 2012: this lamp by Swedish designers Front blows a bubble every few seconds to form a transparent shade round an LED.
Over the 50,000-hour life of the bulb the lamp will blow over three million bubble shades.
Here's some more information from Front:
Surface Tension Lamp
A bubble is brief, and bursts at your touch. But while it lasts, it catches the light and reflects the room like a multi-coloured temporary structure. We wanted to create a constantly changing lamp that combines the most ephemeral of lampshade with an LED light source that will last for 50 000 hours. In the time it takes the LED to burn out, the lamp will have had 3 million different globe shades.
- Reveal by Studiomama
- Sensory Sky by Sieger Design for Dornbra…cht
- Paralympic design: adaptive rowing equip…ment
- Design Academy Eindhoven in Milan 2
- Plato's Collection by Amila Hrustić
- Iconograph by Werner Aisslinger: special… Christmas edition at Dezeen Watch Store
- Soft Rocker by Committee for SCP
- "Bored" Chinese are turning from fashion… to furniture
- Neolione by Boadesign Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories