Milan 2012: this lamp by Swedish designers Front blows a bubble every few seconds to form a transparent shade round an LED.
Over the 50,000-hour life of the bulb the lamp will blow over three million bubble shades.
Here's some more information from Front:
Surface Tension Lamp
A bubble is brief, and bursts at your touch. But while it lasts, it catches the light and reflects the room like a multi-coloured temporary structure. We wanted to create a constantly changing lamp that combines the most ephemeral of lampshade with an LED light source that will last for 50 000 hours. In the time it takes the LED to burn out, the lamp will have had 3 million different globe shades.
- Family of candle holders created by Si…mon Legald for Normann Copenhagen
- GrandArmy rebrands United States Posta…l Service with "Americana" graphics
- Tekiō by Anthony Dickens
- Cipria by Fernando and Humberto Campan…a for Edra
- PUMA Mopion Bike by KiBiSi and Biomega
- Fractal Table by Platform Wertel Oberf…ell
- The Olympian Architects T-shirt by Pet…er Murray at Dezeen Super Store
- Just in Case by Menosunocerouno
- Swarovski Crystal Palace 3
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories