Milan 2012: this lamp by Swedish designers Front blows a bubble every few seconds to form a transparent shade round an LED.
Over the 50,000-hour life of the bulb the lamp will blow over three million bubble shades.
Here's some more information from Front:
Surface Tension Lamp
A bubble is brief, and bursts at your touch. But while it lasts, it catches the light and reflects the room like a multi-coloured temporary structure. We wanted to create a constantly changing lamp that combines the most ephemeral of lampshade with an LED light source that will last for 50 000 hours. In the time it takes the LED to burn out, the lamp will have had 3 million different globe shades.
- Car on a Stick by Ross Lovegrove
- Competition: win a place on the summer w…orkshops at Domaine de Boisbuchet
- Windswept by Charles Sowers
- Visitors try lake-flavoured water and in…sect tacos at Wrocław exhibition
- //Slash sofa by Adrien Rovero for Campeg…gi
- De La Espada at Qubique 2011
- Smart Fortwo Toile H edition by Hermès
- Bold by Studio Job at Designhuis, Eindho…ven
- HSBC Private Bank Lounge by Campana Brot…hers
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories