Milan 2012: this lamp by Swedish designers Front blows a bubble every few seconds to form a transparent shade round an LED.
Over the 50,000-hour life of the bulb the lamp will blow over three million bubble shades.
Here's some more information from Front:
Surface Tension Lamp
A bubble is brief, and bursts at your touch. But while it lasts, it catches the light and reflects the room like a multi-coloured temporary structure. We wanted to create a constantly changing lamp that combines the most ephemeral of lampshade with an LED light source that will last for 50 000 hours. In the time it takes the LED to burn out, the lamp will have had 3 million different globe shades.
- Tea stool by Ryan Harc
- Golden Time Cupboard by Lola Lely
- "There is a little bit of playfulness in… Orolog watches" - Jaime Hayón
- Glacier by Brodie Neill at SuperDesign
- Cancer City by Visiondivision
- Attitude Chair by Deger Cengiz
- BN0035 by Braun now available at Dezeen …Watch Store
- Dark Noon by Nendo
- Dezeen podcast: Designs of the Year 2010… at the Design Museum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories