Milan 2012: this lamp by Swedish designers Front blows a bubble every few seconds to form a transparent shade round an LED.
Over the 50,000-hour life of the bulb the lamp will blow over three million bubble shades.
Here's some more information from Front:
Surface Tension Lamp
A bubble is brief, and bursts at your touch. But while it lasts, it catches the light and reflects the room like a multi-coloured temporary structure. We wanted to create a constantly changing lamp that combines the most ephemeral of lampshade with an LED light source that will last for 50 000 hours. In the time it takes the LED to burn out, the lamp will have had 3 million different globe shades.
- Student project creates template for tur…ning old tyres into footwear
- Biennale Interieur 2014 award winners re…alise bar concepts at Kortrijk Xpo
- Selfportrait by Ka-Lai Chan
- Sweeper Clock by Maarten Baas
- Medici collection by Konstantin Grcic fo…r Mattiazzi
- Teepee and Kanu by Konstantin Grcic
- Dezeen Platform: Denis Guidone
- Felice Varini paints perspective-dependa…nt artwork across Belgian city
- Telling the Truth Through False Teeth by… Alex Chinneck
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories