Milan 2012: this lamp by Swedish designers Front blows a bubble every few seconds to form a transparent shade round an LED.
Over the 50,000-hour life of the bulb the lamp will blow over three million bubble shades.
Here's some more information from Front:
Surface Tension Lamp
A bubble is brief, and bursts at your touch. But while it lasts, it catches the light and reflects the room like a multi-coloured temporary structure. We wanted to create a constantly changing lamp that combines the most ephemeral of lampshade with an LED light source that will last for 50 000 hours. In the time it takes the LED to burn out, the lamp will have had 3 million different globe shades.
- Naturally False by Els Woldhek
- Dezeen relaunch party at Covent Garden S…uper Design
- Bone Chair by Julien de Smedt Architects
- Cycling shoes by Tracey Neuls for Tokyob…ike
- Tokyo Designers Week 2008
- Confession by Nick Ross
- Spring Wood by Carolien Laro
- Waternetworks – Drops by Fulguro
- Painted Rug by Martí Guixé for Nanimar…quina
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories