Milan 2012: this lamp by Swedish designers Front blows a bubble every few seconds to form a transparent shade round an LED.
Over the 50,000-hour life of the bulb the lamp will blow over three million bubble shades.
Here's some more information from Front:
Surface Tension Lamp
A bubble is brief, and bursts at your touch. But while it lasts, it catches the light and reflects the room like a multi-coloured temporary structure. We wanted to create a constantly changing lamp that combines the most ephemeral of lampshade with an LED light source that will last for 50 000 hours. In the time it takes the LED to burn out, the lamp will have had 3 million different globe shades.
- Jin Kuramoto adds maple furniture to Mat…suso T range
- Jean Paul Gaultier x Melissa
- Split and Line by Maigrau
- Lamp 11811 by Klemens Schillinger
- Valeska Jasso Collado folds latex-covere…d foam into geometric garments
- Akihiro Mizuuchi makes Lego bricks from …chocolate
- Molecules by Aqua Creations and Ilan Gar…ibi
- Serpentine Pavilion Intervention by Unit…ed Visual Artists
- Dervish by Item for Innermost
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories