Italian designer Simone Simonelli presented three little mobile storage units in Milan last month.
Called Maisonnette, the collection is intended for small homes and each piece has a dual function; the small table can be turned upside down and used as a tray, the trolley is also a side table and the tallest piece is a bookshelf-come-clothes rail.
Here's some more information from Simone Simonelli:
"Maisonnette" in French means small house. The aim here has been to propose a collection of furnitures that meets the contemporary need of sharing functions in the microliving spaces. It is a 3 piece set: a stand/miniwardrobe, a cart/table and a basket/tray.
Materials: solid alder wood treated with natural varnish and iron rod structure.
The contemporary art organization Careof, located in the Fabbrica del Vapore – on the occasion of the 51st Salone Internazionale del Mobile, in the framework Posti di Vista RI-CREAZIONE – presents UNCOVERED 2012 - Qualities, a project curated by Michela Pelizzari and Federica Sala.
What are the characteristics that give an object “quality design” status”? Durability, accessibility, functions, evironmental impact, innovation, the capacity to arouse an emotional response? These are some of the questions behind the work of six designers presented at UNCOVERED 2012 - Qualities.
Simone Simonelli (1980) studied Industrial Design at Politecnico di Milano and Brunel University London. He is involved in design field since 2003. He worked for different design firms in Italy and abroad. He launched his own practice in 2009.
- Energy Bucket by Stefano Merlo
- Veil by Dan Tomimatsu
- Steel chandelier by Rich Brilliant Wil…ling contorts in different directions
- David Taylor turns discarded slag into… decorative candlesticks
- Pencil Jewellery by Gemma Holt
- Tord Boontje presents new Swarovski pr…oject
- The Ocean Cleanup aims to strip 70 mil…lion kilos of plastic from the sea in 10 years
- Mirrors by La Mamba for Omelette-ed
- The Oasis of Aboukir green wall by Pat…rick Blanc
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories