Movie: Ecole Cantonale d’art de Lausanne (ECAL) student Thibault Penven has designed a folding boat.
Called Ar Vag, the vessel comprises rigid boards sewn into a waterproof skin so it can be unfolded quickly and stiffened by pushing two folding rods, like tent poles, into pockets in the rim.
A wooden plank inserted through apertures in the walls holds the whole thing under tension and forms a seat.
The project was on show at an exhibition of work from ECAL students called Too Cool for School in Milan last month.
We featured another folding boat by Londoners Max Frommeld and Arno Mathies last summer - see it here.
- Dezeen Watch Store Christmas pop-up
- Bon Marché to host Finn Juhl furniture …exhibition
- "New Yorkers all of a sudden are interes…ted in quality of life"
- Lumps of charcoal suspended in mid air c…reate outlines of classical architecture and furniture
- Centimeter Studio's Sleeed chairs slide …together to stack horizontally
- Pebble by KiBiSi at Dezeen Watch Store
- Oogst 1000 Wonderland by Tjep.
- Design Academy Eindhoven Graduation Gall…eries 2008
- Hoog en Droog by Jephte Francissen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories