Movie: Ecole Cantonale d’art de Lausanne (ECAL) student Thibault Penven has designed a folding boat.
Called Ar Vag, the vessel comprises rigid boards sewn into a waterproof skin so it can be unfolded quickly and stiffened by pushing two folding rods, like tent poles, into pockets in the rim.
A wooden plank inserted through apertures in the walls holds the whole thing under tension and forms a seat.
The project was on show at an exhibition of work from ECAL students called Too Cool for School in Milan last month.
We featured another folding boat by Londoners Max Frommeld and Arno Mathies last summer - see it here.
- Body Paintingby Tenas
- Feathers and plumage in fashion celebrat…ed at Antwerp exhibition
- "There is a little bit of playfulness in… Orolog watches" - Jaime Hayón
- Daniel Libeskind creates chandelier for… Lasvit from shafts of crystal
- Daytimer watch by Will Alsop with Federi…co Grazzini for Alessi
- Dezeen Watch Store at designjunction
- Floatastic by Qastic
- PenJet printer by Jaan Evart, Julian Hag…en and Daniël Maarleveld
- Telling Talesat Ligne Roset Westend
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories