Movie: Ecole Cantonale d’art de Lausanne (ECAL) student Thibault Penven has designed a folding boat.
Called Ar Vag, the vessel comprises rigid boards sewn into a waterproof skin so it can be unfolded quickly and stiffened by pushing two folding rods, like tent poles, into pockets in the rim.
A wooden plank inserted through apertures in the walls holds the whole thing under tension and forms a seat.
The project was on show at an exhibition of work from ECAL students called Too Cool for School in Milan last month.
We featured another folding boat by Londoners Max Frommeld and Arno Mathies last summer - see it here.
- Lucy McRae experiments with negative pre…ssure to "prep humans to go to space"
- Bernard Chair by Jonas Lindvall
- Domestic Animals by Guus Van Leeuwen
- Gentle by Matteo Thun & Partners for Dor…nbracht
- Movie: Nike Pro TurboSpeed speed-suit
- Second Skin by Quinze & Milan
- Ronny by Daniel Böttcher for Formverlei…h at Dezeen Super Store
- This&That by Fabrica
- Stack chair by Skrivo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories