Movie: Ecole Cantonale d’art de Lausanne (ECAL) student Thibault Penven has designed a folding boat.
Called Ar Vag, the vessel comprises rigid boards sewn into a waterproof skin so it can be unfolded quickly and stiffened by pushing two folding rods, like tent poles, into pockets in the rim.
A wooden plank inserted through apertures in the walls holds the whole thing under tension and forms a seat.
The project was on show at an exhibition of work from ECAL students called Too Cool for School in Milan last month.
We featured another folding boat by Londoners Max Frommeld and Arno Mathies last summer - see it here.
- Unfold by Uli Budde and A.E. Köchert
- Touch Lamp Vase by Roger Arquer for Bosa
- Superfolk at Stockholm Furniture Fair
- Slow White Series by Bo Reudler
- "It will be the first proper OLED desk l…amp"
- Furà Lamp by Studio06
- Two-timer by Industrial Facility
- Wiktoria Szawiel fossilises natural fibr…es in resin furniture collection
- Stepney Green Design Collection: what is… special about East London?
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories