Movie: Ecole Cantonale d’art de Lausanne (ECAL) student Thibault Penven has designed a folding boat.
Called Ar Vag, the vessel comprises rigid boards sewn into a waterproof skin so it can be unfolded quickly and stiffened by pushing two folding rods, like tent poles, into pockets in the rim.
A wooden plank inserted through apertures in the walls holds the whole thing under tension and forms a seat.
The project was on show at an exhibition of work from ECAL students called Too Cool for School in Milan last month.
We featured another folding boat by Londoners Max Frommeld and Arno Mathies last summer - see it here.
- PayPal Here by Fuseproject
- Volvo's connected helmet warns cyclist…s of car collisions
- Lee Broom creates Nouveau Rebel collec…tion in "de rigueur" marble
- + by Yaroslav Misonzhnikov
- Fan TV by Fuseproject
- Govert Flint's Dynamic Chair turns the… body into a computer mouse
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: £23 o…ff Kaj by Karim Rashid for Alessi
- Furniture by Atelier Van Lieshout at C…arpenters Workshop Gallery
- Free space for light designers at Tent… London
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories