Dezeen Wire: a deal has been struck by two Malaysian property companies to redevelop London's Battersea Power Station. The proposal will preserve the power station's iconic chimney stacks and facade, while transforming it into a multi-use development including 3,400 homes – The Telegraph
SP Setia and Sime Darby Property have entered into an exclusivity agreement with the site's administrators and are understood to have significantly outbid Chelsea Football Club, who had wanted to turn the site into a 60,000 seater stadium.
This move could put an end to speculation about the future of the building, that included a radical redevelopment plan by Rafael Viñoly and Terry Farrell's suggestion to put a park inside it.
- S House by Glamuzina Paterson Architects
- Casa Grecia by Isay Weinfeld
- University Library of the University of …Amsterdam by Studio Roelof Mulder and Bureau Ira Koers
- Bubbles by Dream and Fly
- FRIEM Headquarters by Onsitestudio
- Vitus Bering Innovation Park by CF Møll…er
- Lalìn Townhall by Mansilla+Tuñón
- The Round Tower by De Matos Ryan
- Crematorium in Kėdainiai byArchitektu B…iuras G.Natkevicius ir Partneriai
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories