London designer Aimée Furnival has created a series of model kits featuring famous London landmarks and they're now available at our pop-up design shop Dezeen Super Store! MONUmini costs just £15 per kit and don't forget you can get 10% off any product at Dezeen Super Store at 38 Monmouth Street, London WC2 with this flyer.
Called MONUmini, the kits feature Tower bridge, the BT Tower, Battersea Power Station and the Barbican tower.
Each one comprises a sheet of etched stainless steel that can be folded and clipped together to create a miniature of the relevant building.
We featured Furnival's postcards that fold out into miniature gardens in 2010 - take a look here.
Dezeen Super Store
38 Monmouth Street, London WC2
1 July – 30 September 2012
Monday to Saturday: 11am to 7pm
Sunday: 11am to 5pm
Here's some more information from Furnival:
MONUmini is an architectural model kit that celebrates some of London's most striking and distinctive architecture. The collection includes four iconic buildings; Tower bridge, the Post Office Tower, Battersea Power Station and The Barbican Tower.
Each of the MONUmini kits contains a tiny model made from etched stainless steel that is cleverly designed to fold and lock together to create an intricate replica of the building. The kit comes flat-packed into an envelope containing instructions and a short history of the building.
Thoughtfully designed and beautifully crafted, MONUmini is a perfect designer souvenir or gift. MONUmini is designed and produced by Another Studio For Design in collaboration with Glasgow based model makers Finch & Fouracre. It retails for £15.00 and is available from another-studio.com and selected retailers.
- Limited Edition Design Dolls by Olivia L…ee
- Braun Design at Paul Smith Albemarle Str…eet by das programm
- Invitation: Dezeen Watch Store autumn ev…ent 7 November
- Inga Sempé launches mix-and-match tile …collection for Mutina
- Bioluminescent Forest glimmers with proj…ection-mapped light
- British Design Classics stamps by Royal …Mail
- Fiona O'Neill hand-paints dresses for Ce…ntral Saint Martins fashion show
- Forget Me Knot by Sruli Recht
- Stencil furniture by Julien Carretero
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories