Dezeen Wire: applications to architecture and design courses in the UK have fallen significantly this year, according to figures published by UCAS, the University and Colleges Admission Service.
The number of students applying to study architecture fell by 12%, while applications to design courses dropped by nearly 15%.
The overall number of students applying for a degree in the UK has fallen by 9%. Last year the cap on tuition fees for English students was raised to £9,000 a year.
See the UCAS figures for student applications here.
- FAT bring together postwar towns and p…op culture for British Pavilion in Venice
- Cliff House by Dualchas Architects off…ers panoramic views of a Scottish loch
- Playpen for dogs installed within Soic…hi Yamasaki's S Residence
- World Architecture Festival 2012: save… 25% on entry fee
- Housing 137 by H Arquitectes
- BMW Museum by Atelier Brückner
- Gambier Island House by MGB cantilever…s over a rocky cliff face
- MAD presents Nanjing masterplan at mou…ntain-like Venice installation
- Sheikh Zayed Bridge by Zaha Hadid phot…ographed by Hufton + Crow
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories