Dezeen Wire: applications to architecture and design courses in the UK have fallen significantly this year, according to figures published by UCAS, the University and Colleges Admission Service.
The number of students applying to study architecture fell by 12%, while applications to design courses dropped by nearly 15%.
The overall number of students applying for a degree in the UK has fallen by 9%. Last year the cap on tuition fees for English students was raised to £9,000 a year.
See the UCAS figures for student applications here.
- Log-clad museum by Bornstein Lyckefors h…onours the legacy of Finnish slash-and-burn farmers
- House in Kamiosuga by Suppose Design Off…ice
- Quarterhouse by Alison Brooks Architects
- Waterfront City masterplan by OMA
- Richard Rogers RA: Inside Out exhibition… at the Royal Academy of Arts
- "The High Line's responsible for New Yor…k's best upcoming architecture"
- FAT design pie shop and scoff house
- The Leaf House by SJK Architects
- House at Camusdarach Sands by Raw Archit…ecture Workshop has a kinked facade
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories