Dezeen Wire: applications to architecture and design courses in the UK have fallen significantly this year, according to figures published by UCAS, the University and Colleges Admission Service.
The number of students applying to study architecture fell by 12%, while applications to design courses dropped by nearly 15%.
The overall number of students applying for a degree in the UK has fallen by 9%. Last year the cap on tuition fees for English students was raised to £9,000 a year.
See the UCAS figures for student applications here.
- BMW Guggenheim Lab by Atelier Bow-Wow
- New Museum of Contemporary Art in New Yo…rk by Kazuyo Sejima + Ryue Nishizawa/SANAA
- West 57th by BIG
- Metal mesh shrouds Fumihiko Sano's MoyaM…oya house
- View House by Johnston Marklee and Diego… Arraigada Arquitecto
- Back Side Flip 360° by O-S Architectes
- More images of Hadid’s Emirates centre
- Moving Platforms by Priestmangoode
- Art Institute of Chicago Modern Wing by …Renzo Piano Building Workshop
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories