Dezeen Wire: applications to architecture and design courses in the UK have fallen significantly this year, according to figures published by UCAS, the University and Colleges Admission Service.
The number of students applying to study architecture fell by 12%, while applications to design courses dropped by nearly 15%.
The overall number of students applying for a degree in the UK has fallen by 9%. Last year the cap on tuition fees for English students was raised to £9,000 a year.
See the UCAS figures for student applications here.
- Mountainside home by Kidosaki Architects… extends out into the sky
- Old upholsterer's workshop in London tra…nsformed into a narrow brick home
- Bridge School at Pinghe by Li Xiaodong
- Designed in Hackney: Fuglsang Kunstmuseu…m by Tony Fretton Architects
- Casa Areia by Aires Mateus Architects
- Gundry and Ducker's Slate House is an ex…tension clad with hexagonal tiles
- MahaNakhon by OMA
- Tiger and Turtle - Magic Mountain by Hei…ke Mutter and Ulrich Genth
- Sinuous ESO headquarters by Auer Weber c…urves around courtyards and over gardens
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories