Dezeen Wire: applications to architecture and design courses in the UK have fallen significantly this year, according to figures published by UCAS, the University and Colleges Admission Service.
The number of students applying to study architecture fell by 12%, while applications to design courses dropped by nearly 15%.
The overall number of students applying for a degree in the UK has fallen by 9%. Last year the cap on tuition fees for English students was raised to £9,000 a year.
See the UCAS figures for student applications here.
- Red Diamond by Chiasmus Partners
- Red mirrored lattice encloses South Kore…an office block by Wise Architecture
- Les Yeux Verts by Jacques Ferrier Archit…ecture
- Eight resourceful low-cost housing proje…cts from around the globe
- Nebuta House by Molo
- House for a pianist by David Sheppard Ar…chitects features fluted outer walls
- Timber-clad House M-M by Tuomas Siitonen… wraps around a sheltered garden
- House on the Cliff by Fran Silvestre Arq…uitectos
- Arhitektura d.o.o. designs minimalist Ri…bja Brv Footbridge in the centre of Ljubljana
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories