Dezeen Wire: applications to architecture and design courses in the UK have fallen significantly this year, according to figures published by UCAS, the University and Colleges Admission Service.
The number of students applying to study architecture fell by 12%, while applications to design courses dropped by nearly 15%.
The overall number of students applying for a degree in the UK has fallen by 9%. Last year the cap on tuition fees for English students was raised to £9,000 a year.
See the UCAS figures for student applications here.
- Civita' di Bagnoregio by Progettospore
- Carrasco International Airport by Rafael… Viñoly
- Office in the Woods by SelgasCano
- NP House in Vila Nova de Famalicão by N…OARQ
- Museum Macura by Nenad Katic, Ivan Kucin…a and Vladimir Macura
- House in Sendai-Kasumi by Kiyonobu Nakag…ame
- New Town Library in Maranello by Arata I…sozaki and Andrea Maffei
- Glass-coated Tokyo house by Wiel Arets l…ooks like it's been shrink wrapped
- Fireball Lilly Lodge by Hogarth Architec…ts
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories