Swedish furniture brand Ikea have installed a temporary lounge at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris (+ slideshow).
Located in Terminal 3, the Ikea Lounge is furnished like a house with living rooms, bedrooms and a playroom for children.
Departing passengers can even take a nap in one of nine beds while awaiting their flights.
The lounge is open to all and will remain in place until 5 August.
Also recently completed at Charles de Gaulle airport is a park-like business lounge with branching pathways and tree-shaped lights.
Here's the press release from Ikea:
Ikea reinvests the transport world by installing a VIP lounge in the Terminal 3 at the Roissy-Charles de Gaulle Airport, from July 13 to August 5!
Holiday departures are often a source of stress and because the waiting time in the departure lounge is an average of 1 hour and 43 minutes, Ikea wanted to use its expertise in interior design to serve the economy class.
Ikea Lounge is a space of over 220m ² for the whole family to relax before going on vacation.
Completely free, visitors will live a unique experience: greeted by a hostess, they can relax by reading the press, by watching TV from a comfortable sofa, or enjoy the quality of Ikea's mattresses for a nap in one of the 9 bedrooms of the space (including one accessible to the disabled). Ikea Lounge contains also a specially dedicated space for children where they can enjoy themselves in a secure area of 50 m2, under the benevolent supervision of qualified instructors.
- Giant timber nest provides meeting room …at Baya Park offices by Planet 3 Studios
- Tigg Coll overhauls east London student …housing to be "more akin to a members' club"
- AZB by Geneto
- Nike UK Headquarters redesign by Rosie L…ee
- John Pawson on stage at Royal Opera Hous…e
- Shade by Simon Heijdens
- NAAD lines a century-old Japanese house …with unfinished plywood
- MR Design Office by Schemata Architectur…e Office
- RDM Innovation Deck by Groosman Partners
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories