The 7.5 metre-long vessel, named Z-Boat, will feature an asymmetric body made from fibreglass.
French manufacturers Shoreteam will produce just 12 of the boats and the first is due for release in spring 2013.
This is the second boat on Dezeen this week, following a speedboat made of wood.
Here's some information from Schachter's website Rove and a few technical details from Zaha Hadid Architects:
These are the first pictures of the Z. Boat - an 8m-long motorboat designed by Zaha Hadid for Kenny Schachter.
The limited production vessel is being built by Shoreteam in France and the first seaworthy boat is due for release in spring next year (2013).
"The asymmetrical design is sculptural in appearance while practically affording more seating accommodations. In a sense, the bespoke boat is as much a work of art as a Cisitalia sports car in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York. The idea is to think of vessels and vehicles as highly individualistic expressions of art, architecture and design reflecting the edge of what is possible using the most advanced means, including materials, software systems and methods of fabrication."
Limited edition of 12 boats plus 4 prototypes
LOA: 7.47 m
LW: 6.60 m
WOA: 2.46 m
Material: Fibre Glass (body structure)
Power: 1 x220 HP Mercruiser
Full hull design, all accessories embedded.
- Chassis by Stefan Diez for Wilkhahn
- XXXX_Sofa by Yuya Ushida for Ahrend
- Batavus Utility Bike by VanBerlo
- Icelandic designer creates floatation ca…ps and armbands for bathing in geothermal water
- Front designs Tetris storage system made… of stacking blocks
- Studio Job & the Groninger Museum
- Form magazine digital archive
- Dalston House by Leandro Erlich
- OS & OOS upholsters Keystone chair in Ra…f Simons' Kvadrat textiles
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories