A pegboard wall with customised pockets provides flexible storage at this tiny Soho office by London designers Studio Swine.
Designed for production company Emu Films, the 10 square-metre office provides a workplace for up to four people.
Lamps and stationery hang from the pegboard wall alongside Studio Swine's boxes and pouches, which were custom-made from colourful linoleum tiles.
Parquet mahogany flooring reclaimed from a local high school was used to create the floating desk underneath the pegboard wall.
Lichen-covered oak offcuts provide wall-mounted shelves, while a desk folds up from the wall alongside.
Studio Swine are Royal College of Art graduates Alexander Groves and Azusa Murakami. Other projects by the duo include a pair of spectacles made from human hair and a project to recycle plastic particles dumped in the ocean.
Photographs are by Studio Swine.
Here's some more information from Studio Swine:
Studio Swine have completed an office interior for EMU films, a production company located in Soho, London. The space, which measures approximately 10 sq. m., is a work place for 2 - 4 people.
The office is tiled in marble and decorated in a palette of light grey and white punctuated with bright, highly patterned marmoleum tiles to create a utilitarian work space with pop elements.
The floating desk maximises the sense of openness whilst the pegboard and folding desks keep the space flexible to changing requirements.
The mahogany desk uses reclaimed parquet flooring from a local high school, and the shelves have been made from the radial offcuts of sustainably sourced Kentish Oak.
Marmoleum, which is made up of 97% natural materials, has been used throughout the office for cladding cabinets, box files and stitched to form hanging pouches for stationery.
- Student Salon by Feix & Merlin
- Nook Architects add patterned floor tile…s and window seat to Barcelona apartment renovation
- House for Three Sisters by Drawing Notes
- Boutique Runway by CLS Architetti
- Samuel Wilkinson embellishes Seeds offic…e interior with leaves
- Motel Out of The Blue by Maartje Dros an…d Francois Lombarts
- Softroom converts thatched-roof pub into… contemporary restaurant and cookery school
- Multi-level wooden structure frames meet…ing areas in London office by Threefold Architects
- Casa da Escrita by João Mendes Ribeiro
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories