Named Tasse, each cup has a protective wrap in one of six different colours.
Five million of the cups have been ordered for McDonald's branches in France.
Norguet previously worked with McDonald's to redesign the fast food chain's restaurant interiors.
Photographs are by Studio Norguet.
Here's some more information about the cup:
With the success of Patrick Norguet’s interior design for McDonald's now at large throughout Italy, Switzerland and Holland, the French designer has conceived a free coffee cup on offer in French restaurants. A veritable everyday design project for the great majority: ‘McDonald’s asked me to conceive and design an object intended for all of its clients. The idea is simply to use a code present in the world of McDonald’s for inspiration. This project and the problems that large quantities entail, that is five million copies, raises the question about the need for ownership and the symbolic incarnation of a brand through a viable object. A functional basic with its small elastomer sheath to avoid burning and ensure a perfect grip, free with each menu + coffee.
- Interactive fashion films at POST exhibi…tion respond to movement of gallery visitors
- Valdemar by Artificial/form
- CATable by Hao Ruan offers a shared work… surface for cats and their owners
- Naturally False by Els Woldhek
- Power Plant by Guus Van Leeuwen
- Interview with Benjamin Hubert
- New products by Pottinger & Cole
- Bob Schiller aims to revive Dutch bicycl…e manufacturing industry with Epo
- Floatastic by Qastic
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories