Named Tasse, each cup has a protective wrap in one of six different colours.
Five million of the cups have been ordered for McDonald's branches in France.
Norguet previously worked with McDonald's to redesign the fast food chain's restaurant interiors.
Photographs are by Studio Norguet.
Here's some more information about the cup:
With the success of Patrick Norguet’s interior design for McDonald's now at large throughout Italy, Switzerland and Holland, the French designer has conceived a free coffee cup on offer in French restaurants. A veritable everyday design project for the great majority: ‘McDonald’s asked me to conceive and design an object intended for all of its clients. The idea is simply to use a code present in the world of McDonald’s for inspiration. This project and the problems that large quantities entail, that is five million copies, raises the question about the need for ownership and the symbolic incarnation of a brand through a viable object. A functional basic with its small elastomer sheath to avoid burning and ensure a perfect grip, free with each menu + coffee.
- World Cup footballers wear Battlepack bo…ots by Adidas
- Drapery vases by Kruskopf and Kuisma
- Finger-nose Stylus by Dominic Wilcox
- Havet cabinet by Snickeriet
- Faye Toogood "gets fat" with fourth Asse…mblage furniture collection
- UM Project designs multi-material malle…ts for Cooper Hewitt's museum shop
- Leather furniture by Tortie Hoare
- Textasiða by Snæfríð Thorsteinsand H…ildigunnur Gunnarsdottir
- Ora by Denis Guidone at Dezeen Watch Sto…re
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories