Named Tasse, each cup has a protective wrap in one of six different colours.
Five million of the cups have been ordered for McDonald's branches in France.
Norguet previously worked with McDonald's to redesign the fast food chain's restaurant interiors.
Photographs are by Studio Norguet.
Here's some more information about the cup:
With the success of Patrick Norguet’s interior design for McDonald's now at large throughout Italy, Switzerland and Holland, the French designer has conceived a free coffee cup on offer in French restaurants. A veritable everyday design project for the great majority: ‘McDonald’s asked me to conceive and design an object intended for all of its clients. The idea is simply to use a code present in the world of McDonald’s for inspiration. This project and the problems that large quantities entail, that is five million copies, raises the question about the need for ownership and the symbolic incarnation of a brand through a viable object. A functional basic with its small elastomer sheath to avoid burning and ensure a perfect grip, free with each menu + coffee.
- Alexander Gufler unveils sculptural wo…oden furniture for TON
- Mediumwave by Jake Rich is a pod-shape…d microwave on wheels
- Glen Baghurst's debut furniture range …fuses cultural influences
- Picnic by Junya Ishigami
- Dior's feminine haute couture fashion …show set against white orchids
- Designed in Hackney: Non-lethal mouset…rapsby Roger Arquer
- Wonderwater Cafe at Tian Hai by Jane W…ithers, Kari Korkman and Aalto University
- Foliage by Patricia Urquiola for Karte…ll
- Afrofuture at La Rinascente
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories