Named Tasse, each cup has a protective wrap in one of six different colours.
Five million of the cups have been ordered for McDonald's branches in France.
Norguet previously worked with McDonald's to redesign the fast food chain's restaurant interiors.
Photographs are by Studio Norguet.
Here's some more information about the cup:
With the success of Patrick Norguet’s interior design for McDonald's now at large throughout Italy, Switzerland and Holland, the French designer has conceived a free coffee cup on offer in French restaurants. A veritable everyday design project for the great majority: ‘McDonald’s asked me to conceive and design an object intended for all of its clients. The idea is simply to use a code present in the world of McDonald’s for inspiration. This project and the problems that large quantities entail, that is five million copies, raises the question about the need for ownership and the symbolic incarnation of a brand through a viable object. A functional basic with its small elastomer sheath to avoid burning and ensure a perfect grip, free with each menu + coffee.
- Kaj by Karim Rashid at Dezeen Watch Stor…e
- Materialism at Gallery Fumi
- Patrick Parrish Gallery presents gridded… furniture and matching clothing at Design Miami 2014
- Robot Cleaner by Jeongmi Lee
- "4D-printed" shape-changing dress and je…wellery by Nervous System
- Snap Chair by Karim Rashid
- Book cover refuses to open for judgmenta…l readers
- Witches' Kitchen by Studio Tord Boontje
- My Way talks with Design Academy Eindhov…en
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories