Faye Toogood has filled a pop-up fashion boutique in London with rubber-coated furniture and glass tabletops mounted on piles of industrial fabrics.
One table has sheets of foam, carpet and other textured fabrics sandwiched between its glass tabletop and supporting trestles.
Another glass tabletop appears to balance delicately on a foam-stuffed tube, a black sphere and a stack of fabric. An earlier version of this table used stone, brass and sycamore as supports.
Upstairs, a similar table rests on an empty white tube, a skeletal sphere and cube with threaded sides. A white display cabinet also uses thread to create a subtle screen door.
The Spade chair, with its distinctive handle-shaped backrest, has been reproduced in ash wood, and one of the chairs is also coated in rubber.
Rubberised geometric constructions by Studio Toogoodprovide an abstract window display.
Photography is by Leon Chew.
Here's some more information from Studio Toogood:
Studio Toogood has created a series of mechanical-looking constructions to coincide with the launch of Opening Ceromony’s first pop-up shop in London. Reflecting the immediacy and the temporary nature of the “pop up”, the rubberised pieces marry the handmade with the industrial. Each constellation plays with the ideas of construction, transparency, texture and abstraction that are characteristic of Studio Toogood’s aesthetic.
Working with Opening Ceremony, Faye Toogood has created a number of pieces to complement the architecturally deconstructed pop-up shop. Toogood’s pieces are featured throughout the space, and include stacked industrial forms in the basement, and translucent, light pieces on the ground floor.
Opening Ceremony, 31-32 King Street. Convent Garden WC2. July - October, 2012
- Melon District by Gus Wüstemann 2
- Power Office by i29 and Eckhardt & Leeuw…enstein
- Zapata y Herrera lawyers' office by Masq…uespacio
- Sliding chipboard units create multifunc…tional space in Madrid apartment
- The Magazine restaurant at the Serpentin…e Sackler Gallery extension by Zaha Hadid
- 300 Coloured Vases by Hella Jongerius at… Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen
- Universal Design Studio rides the pop-up… wave with Fruit of the Loom
- Little Joe Woman at The Beach House by M…AKE Creative
- United Nude Shanghai by Rem D Koolhaas
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories