Slideshow feature: Dezeen architecture reporter Amy Frearson selects her top five pavilions from the Giardini at the Venice Architecture Biennale in this slideshow, including the shape-shifting Dutch pavilion and an earthquake in an empty room.
Other exhibitions at the biennale include a huge pleated metal funnel by Zaha Hadid and an archive of local authority-designed buildings presented by OMA.
- The Park House by Formwerkz Architects
- China Hills by MVRDV
- Mountainside home by Kidosaki Architects… extends out into the sky
- Casa das Histórias Paula Rego by Eduard…o Souto de Moura
- Sliver House by Boyarsky Murphy Architec…ts slots into a three-metre-wide space
- New Pinterest board: architecture in Sou…th Korea
- Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2011 by Pete…r Zumthor
- Hospital by Lyons and Conrad Gargett fea…tures a vibrant facade and a tree-inspired layout
- Vo Trong Nghia Architects adds brick and… bamboo to Vietnam factory interior
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories