Above: Toyo Ito (left) and Japan Pavilion team collect their award
The Japanese Pavilion presents alternative housing concepts for the homes that were destroyed by the earthquake and tsunami in 2011.
Above: alternative housing models are displayed on rough wooden plinths inside the Japanese Pavilion
It's one of our top five pavilions not to miss at the biennale - check out the others here.
Above: inside the Japanese Pavilion
- Casa Parr by Pezo von Ellrichshausen Arq…uitectos
- La Halle du Robin by AP 5 Architects
- Brick colonnade screens renovated huntin…g lodge by DMOA Architecten
- Marching figure transforms into architec…tural forms in animation by Universal Everything
- BTV Branch Innsbruck by Rainer Köberl
- Chunky tower covered in plants proposed …for Taiwan's capital
- Savannehuis by LAM Architects
- Oberkirch Media Centre by Wurm + Wurm
- Spa Atrapa Árbol by LAND Arquitectos
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories