Dezeen Wire: Rem Koolhaas of OMA is tipped to be director of the next Venice Architecture Biennale in 2014. Among those speculating on Twitter was assistant director for the 2012 biennale Kieran Long, who tweeted "it's certain to be Rem Koolhaas next time. Done deal say my sources."
Koolhaas was awarded the Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement at the 2010 biennale. The rumours coincide with the news that Koolhaas will receive the Jencks Award at the RIBA in November.
Portrait is by Dominik Gigler.
- The Stratford Shoal by Studio Egret West
- "Small projects are good grounding for r…esearch" - John Wardle on Shearer's Quarters
- Hiroshima Park Restrooms by Future Studi…o
- Hut In Woods by Yoshiaki Nagasaka
- Tales Pavilion by Luca Nichetto
- 360 House by Subarquitectura
- Deck House by Assadi + Pulido
- Nursery school in Tuscany illuminates "l…ike a lighthouse"
- 3=2+1 house by Francesco Moncada
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories