Dezeen Wire: Rem Koolhaas of OMA is tipped to be director of the next Venice Architecture Biennale in 2014. Among those speculating on Twitter was assistant director for the 2012 biennale Kieran Long, who tweeted "it's certain to be Rem Koolhaas next time. Done deal say my sources."
Koolhaas was awarded the Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement at the 2010 biennale. The rumours coincide with the news that Koolhaas will receive the Jencks Award at the RIBA in November.
Portrait is by Dominik Gigler.
- Curving concrete shell encases Paul Smit…h store by System Lab
- Community Centre Woesten by Atelier Tom …Vanhee has a contrasting gabled extension
- "A lot of what we do is about testing pu…blic space"– Suzanne O'Connell of The Decorators
- Slideshow feature: Stirling Prize nomine…es
- Third and final stretch of New York's Hi…gh Line opens
- Apollo Architects specifies concrete and… plastic for Frame house in Tokyo
- Chilean Pavilion at Venice Architecture …Biennale 2012
- Mersey Observatory by Duggan Morris Arch…itects
- Library and Learning Centre in Vienna by… Zaha Hadid Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories