Dezeen Wire: Rem Koolhaas of OMA is tipped to be director of the next Venice Architecture Biennale in 2014. Among those speculating on Twitter was assistant director for the 2012 biennale Kieran Long, who tweeted "it's certain to be Rem Koolhaas next time. Done deal say my sources."
Koolhaas was awarded the Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement at the 2010 biennale. The rumours coincide with the news that Koolhaas will receive the Jencks Award at the RIBA in November.
Portrait is by Dominik Gigler.
- IT-Fornebu Portalbuilding by A-Lab
- Paramount Residence Alma by Plasma Stu…dio
- Kengo Kuma's Aix en Provence Conservat…ory of Music boasts pleated aluminium walls
- Construction starts on O'Donnell + Tuo…mey's Budapest university redesign
- Variations On a Dark City by Espen Die…trichson
- Recycled Toy Furniture by Greg Lynn
- Canteen Campus, Martinsried Campus by …Auer+Weber+Assoziierte
- Emerson College campus by Morphosis pl…aces curvy classrooms within a hollow frame
- Design Miami Chat Shows: Aranda\Lasch
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories