Dezeen Wire: Rem Koolhaas of OMA is tipped to be director of the next Venice Architecture Biennale in 2014. Among those speculating on Twitter was assistant director for the 2012 biennale Kieran Long, who tweeted "it's certain to be Rem Koolhaas next time. Done deal say my sources."
Koolhaas was awarded the Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement at the 2010 biennale. The rumours coincide with the news that Koolhaas will receive the Jencks Award at the RIBA in November.
Portrait is by Dominik Gigler.
- Plastic Moon by Norisada Maeda Atelier
- Schaufelschlucht Bridge by Marte.Marte A…rchitects is second in trio of Alpine structures
- Balancing Act by Ensamble Studio
- Celtic Museum by Kada Wittfeld Architekt…ur
- Just K by Architekten Martenson und Nage…l Theissen
- "The concept was based on a football dia…gram" - Steven Holl on Campbell Sports Centre
- Rolls by Sinato
- New Pinterest board: shingles
- Ruta del Peregrino: Sanctuary by Ai Weiw…ei
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories