FAT director Sam Jacob explains why he believes that "copying is both fundamental to how architecture develops and something that threatens its foundational belief in originality," in this movie we filmed at the Venice Architecture Biennale, where the firm has created an installation called The Museum of Copying.
Sam Jacob will be speaking on Wednesday 19 September at Dezeen Live, our series of live daily shows featuring talks with designers and critics during the 100% Design trade fair at Earls Court, west London.
- Het Zwarte Huis Bakers Architecten
- Helsinki Seafarers’ Centre by ARK-hous…e Architects
- Wooden Zielturm Rotsee tower built for j…udges of Swiss rowing regatta
- Haus am Weinberg by UNStudio
- House of Slope by FujiwaraMuro Architect…s
- MUR by Apollo Architects & Associates
- Paris music school by Basalt Architectur…e features copper walls and cantilevered studios
- Loducca building in São Paulo by Tripty…que
- Casa Montfullà by Hidalgo Hartmann Arqu…itectura
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories