FAT director Sam Jacob explains why he believes that "copying is both fundamental to how architecture develops and something that threatens its foundational belief in originality," in this movie we filmed at the Venice Architecture Biennale, where the firm has created an installation called The Museum of Copying.
Sam Jacob will be speaking on Wednesday 19 September at Dezeen Live, our series of live daily shows featuring talks with designers and critics during the 100% Design trade fair at Earls Court, west London.
- Niall McLaughlin extends Duncan Terrac…e house with translucent passageway and gallery
- House in Ishikiri by Tato Architects
- Gambier Island House by MGB cantilever…s over a rocky cliff face
- Ogaki House by Katsutoshi Sasaki + Ass…ociates
- SOM's Baccarat tower in New York overl…ooks MoMA's sculpture garden
- Twenty-First Century Design by Marcus …Fairs
- Antonín Dvořák Concert and Congress… Centre by Future Systems
- Clover-shaped house by Felipe Escudero… built near Chimborazo mountain
- Dutchess House No. 1 by Grzywinski + P…ons
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories