FAT director Sam Jacob explains why he believes that "copying is both fundamental to how architecture develops and something that threatens its foundational belief in originality," in this movie we filmed at the Venice Architecture Biennale, where the firm has created an installation called The Museum of Copying.
Sam Jacob will be speaking on Wednesday 19 September at Dezeen Live, our series of live daily shows featuring talks with designers and critics during the 100% Design trade fair at Earls Court, west London.
- Light-filled classrooms surround a court…yard garden at DS Nursery in Japan
- Henley Halebrown Rorrison uses timber an…d brick for London's first co-housing development
- Masdar City Centre by LAVA
- Sheffer Chicken Coop is a metal-clad New… York home for eight hens
- Key projects by SANAA
- House in the Alps by Mostlikely based on… an agricultural barn
- La Philharmonie de Paris 3
- Faceted concrete corridor welcomes child…ren to Taller Básico de Arquitectura's nursery
- Home.Haus by J. Mayer H.
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories