Above: Styrene on display at the British Design 1948–2012: Innovation in the Modern Age exhibition at the V&A, 2012
Dezeen has been commissioned to curate a collection of products designed by east London creatives that live near to new housing development VIVO and we will be publishing more designs as they are added to the collection during the next month.
The designs will be on show as part of a collection of 30 works of art, fashion, sculpture and furniture celebrating local talent that will be exhibited at the Genesis Cinema in October and then donated to the VIVO residents – find out more here.
- Parhelia by Asif Khan
- Stacking trays by Frederik Roijé form o…verlapping grid patterns
- Campanas design Camper store in Berlin
- Flesh Chair wrapped in squishy rolls of …fat by Nanna Kiil
- From a Lost City by Christian Vivanco
- Journey to Space capsule for space touri…sts by Priestmangoode
- Morgans by Andrée Putman for Emeco
- The Makings of Luxury accessories collec…tion demonstrates contemporary craft techniques
- Bistro in Vitro is a virtual restaurant …serving the artificial meat dishes of the future
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories