The V4 collection comprises four differently shaped vases, each with a thin walnut base.
"Lightness and heaviness, lines and lumps, smoothness and roughness, coldness and warmth – all materials and forms balance through the course of colliding and confronting within one volume," says Song.
The vases were showcased by design company Design To Do at the 100% Design trade show during the recent London Design Festival, as part of an exhibition organised by the Korea Institute for Design Promotion.
We previously featured a collection of furniture by Song, which included chairs that double as ladders, beds or rocking chairs.
Dezeen hosted a series of talks with designers and creatives at 100% Design this year, including a discussion with Yves Behar on skeuomorphic design.
- "Industry itself needs to be saved" - …Joep van Lieshout
- Kelp lampshades by Julia Lohmann
- Peg by Studio Gorm
- Nike Zvezdochka by Marc Newson
- Concrete Cloth by Concrete Canvas
- Dick, Pussy & Ass by Arik Levy
- ECAL students design interactive produ…cts that address "lack of humanness" in electronics
- Crystal Collection by Pour les Alpes
- Stilthouses and Bidonvilles by Arne Qu…inze
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories