The V4 collection comprises four differently shaped vases, each with a thin walnut base.
"Lightness and heaviness, lines and lumps, smoothness and roughness, coldness and warmth – all materials and forms balance through the course of colliding and confronting within one volume," says Song.
The vases were showcased by design company Design To Do at the 100% Design trade show during the recent London Design Festival, as part of an exhibition organised by the Korea Institute for Design Promotion.
We previously featured a collection of furniture by Song, which included chairs that double as ladders, beds or rocking chairs.
Dezeen hosted a series of talks with designers and creatives at 100% Design this year, including a discussion with Yves Behar on skeuomorphic design.
- Virgin Galactic unveils SpaceShipTwo
- Billboard bags by Artecnica
- Naoko Kanehira at New Designers
- Design Indaba videos: Commonwealth
- "The grid is the underwear of the book" …- Massimo Vignelli
- "Immersive virtual world" by Gareth Pugh… and Inition installed at Selfridges
- Still Life by PJADAD and Atelier Food
- "My ladders provide an imaginative route… across the road" - Gitta Gschwendtner
- Roopuppet by Nendo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories