The V4 collection comprises four differently shaped vases, each with a thin walnut base.
"Lightness and heaviness, lines and lumps, smoothness and roughness, coldness and warmth – all materials and forms balance through the course of colliding and confronting within one volume," says Song.
The vases were showcased by design company Design To Do at the 100% Design trade show during the recent London Design Festival, as part of an exhibition organised by the Korea Institute for Design Promotion.
We previously featured a collection of furniture by Song, which included chairs that double as ladders, beds or rocking chairs.
Dezeen hosted a series of talks with designers and creatives at 100% Design this year, including a discussion with Yves Behar on skeuomorphic design.
- Nendo bases furniture for Walt Disney Ja…pan on Winnie-the-Pooh characters
- L’Hélicoptère par Hermès
- Diffusion Vessels by David Sutton
- Flight Brigade music video by Simon Robe…rts follows an animated train journey
- AMO simulates an infinite catwalk for Pr…ada menswear show
- Laundry Room Collection by Terry Dwan fo…r Riva 1920
- Champions by Konstantin Grcic at Galleri…e Kreo
- Tobias Rehberger covers HMS President in… "dazzle camouflage"
- KHV60 by David Taylor
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories