The V4 collection comprises four differently shaped vases, each with a thin walnut base.
"Lightness and heaviness, lines and lumps, smoothness and roughness, coldness and warmth – all materials and forms balance through the course of colliding and confronting within one volume," says Song.
The vases were showcased by design company Design To Do at the 100% Design trade show during the recent London Design Festival, as part of an exhibition organised by the Korea Institute for Design Promotion.
We previously featured a collection of furniture by Song, which included chairs that double as ladders, beds or rocking chairs.
Dezeen hosted a series of talks with designers and creatives at 100% Design this year, including a discussion with Yves Behar on skeuomorphic design.
- Volkswagen claims XL1 is "the most effic…ient production car in the world"
- Ron Arad adds two sofa designs to Moroso… collection
- Fervency Series by Asaf Weinbroom
- Swarovski Crystal Palace 3
- Movie: Campana Brothers at GlassLab
- Samuel Wilkinson designs Grace collectio…n of aluminium furniture
- Slip-cast link light by Sarah Moucher
- Interview: Joseph Grima at Dezeen Studio
- Netherlands design duos to present rugs …at Dutch Design Week
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories