Each Decanterlight is made from examples Broom has sourced from antiques markets and vintage shops, and is either left clear or coated in a polished gold finish.
Broom is contributing a square, clear version of the light to the collection. See all our stories about his work here, including an interactive image tour of his Crystal Bulb installation during the recent London Design Festival.
Dezeen has been commissioned to curate a collection of products designed by east London creatives that live near to new housing development VIVO and we have been publishing the designs as they are added to the collection all month. See all the stories we have published so far here.
The designs will be on show as part of a collection of 30 works of art, fashion, sculpture and furniture celebrating local talent that will be exhibited at the Genesis Cinema in October and then donated to the VIVO residents – find out more here.
- "In the future, design thinking is going… to be called emotionalism" – Roger Arquer
- Takaya incorporates taxidermy into botan…ical headdresses
- Topshop Showspace SS14 by Pernilla Ohrst…edt Studio
- Lady Gaga's flying dress offers vision o…f how "we may all travel in ten years time"
- Campanas for Alessi
- Swiss Poster Generator by Ben and Clark …DuVall
- Akihiro Mizuuchi makes Lego bricks from …chocolate
- Designer 3D-prints shoes representing 12… of his lovers
- Max Fraser at Lab Craft
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories