World Architecture Festival 2012: the Kallang River Bishan Park in Singapore by landscape designers Atelier Dreiseitl has been given the title Landscape of the Year at the World Architecture Festival (+ slideshow).
A river winds through the centre of the park, replacing a concrete-sided canal, and features bio-engineered edges created with a variety of different plants.
This river also forms a flood plan during heavy rain, helping water to drain away naturally and preventing the grassy areas from becoming waterlogged.
A new bridge connects the park with the residential area beyond.
Dezeen is media partner for the World Architecture Festival, which is taking place at the Marina Bay Sands hotel and conference centre in Singapore. You can follow all our coverage of the event here, including a series of movies we filmed with programme director Paul Finch.
- Movie by Cristobal Palma: Flor del Cam…po by Giancarlo Mazzanti and Felipe Mesa
- Harvest Pavilion by Vector Architects
- Duplex by Frank Gehry for Make it Righ…t
- Flowerbed Hotel by MVRDV
- "Architecture is a discipline that spe…aks to all your senses" - Pierre de Meuron
- Wooden cabin by Andre Tchelistcheff Ar…chitects houses a sauna in the Hudson Valley
- Kouichi Kimura's Tuneful House feature…s contrasting materials and split levels
- Primary school by C+S Architects featu…res a colourful facade with contrasting window details
- The Cloud by MVRDV
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories