World Architecture Festival 2012: the Kallang River Bishan Park in Singapore by landscape designers Atelier Dreiseitl has been given the title Landscape of the Year at the World Architecture Festival (+ slideshow).
A river winds through the centre of the park, replacing a concrete-sided canal, and features bio-engineered edges created with a variety of different plants.
This river also forms a flood plan during heavy rain, helping water to drain away naturally and preventing the grassy areas from becoming waterlogged.
A new bridge connects the park with the residential area beyond.
Dezeen is media partner for the World Architecture Festival, which is taking place at the Marina Bay Sands hotel and conference centre in Singapore. You can follow all our coverage of the event here, including a series of movies we filmed with programme director Paul Finch.
- Smokey Town by Judd Lysenko Marshall Arc…hitects
- Indian Ocean Tsunami Memorial by Carmody… Groarke
- The Waterhouse at South Bund by NHDRO
- Architecture 00's metal-clad community b…uilding in Sheffield provides facilities for local entrepreneurs
- MVRDV's Markthal Rotterdam photographed …by Hufton + Crow
- Bubbles by Dream and Fly
- Meandering concrete roof shelters walkwa…ys at Erginoğlu & Çalışlar's renovated beach club
- Zaha Hadid's Hong Kong Innovation Tower …laid bare in new movie and photographs
- Passive Houses by Kjellgren Kaminsky
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories