World Architecture Festival 2012: the Kallang River Bishan Park in Singapore by landscape designers Atelier Dreiseitl has been given the title Landscape of the Year at the World Architecture Festival (+ slideshow).
A river winds through the centre of the park, replacing a concrete-sided canal, and features bio-engineered edges created with a variety of different plants.
This river also forms a flood plan during heavy rain, helping water to drain away naturally and preventing the grassy areas from becoming waterlogged.
A new bridge connects the park with the residential area beyond.
Dezeen is media partner for the World Architecture Festival, which is taking place at the Marina Bay Sands hotel and conference centre in Singapore. You can follow all our coverage of the event here, including a series of movies we filmed with programme director Paul Finch.
- Community Home by Marc Koehler Architect…s
- Kunsthalle Zürich by Gigon/Guyer Archit…ects and Atelier WW
- Intertwining staircases spiral around th…e glazed core of Hiroshi Nakamura's Ribbon Chapel
- Skyscraper for bees by University at Buf…falo students
- Riverside Museum by Zaha Hadid Architect…s
- Santa Ynez Residence by Frederick Fisher… and Partners
- SOF by J. Mayer H. and OVOTZ design Lab
- Richard Wood's cartoon-style prints adde…d to his new Hackney residence by dRMM
- Design Museum by John Pawson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories