World Architecture Festival 2012: the Kallang River Bishan Park in Singapore by landscape designers Atelier Dreiseitl has been given the title Landscape of the Year at the World Architecture Festival (+ slideshow).
A river winds through the centre of the park, replacing a concrete-sided canal, and features bio-engineered edges created with a variety of different plants.
This river also forms a flood plan during heavy rain, helping water to drain away naturally and preventing the grassy areas from becoming waterlogged.
A new bridge connects the park with the residential area beyond.
Dezeen is media partner for the World Architecture Festival, which is taking place at the Marina Bay Sands hotel and conference centre in Singapore. You can follow all our coverage of the event here, including a series of movies we filmed with programme director Paul Finch.
- Louver Haus by Smart Architecture
- THE Architectes conceals nautical sports… base under a grassy beach dune
- Pascal Flammer's House in Balsthal featu…res wooden braces and a circular window
- Memory by Carlos Pereda Iglesias and Ós…car Pérez Silanes
- Outside (Outside) ((Outside)) by a.a.+H
- Madan Parque by Samuel Torres de Carvalh…o and Pedro Palmero Cabezas
- Key projects by Toyo Ito
- Pine-clad sauna by Murman Arkitekter sit…s on the Stockholm archipelago
- Montecito Residence by Olson Sundberg Ku…ndig Allen Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories