World Architecture Festival 2012: the Kallang River Bishan Park in Singapore by landscape designers Atelier Dreiseitl has been given the title Landscape of the Year at the World Architecture Festival (+ slideshow).
A river winds through the centre of the park, replacing a concrete-sided canal, and features bio-engineered edges created with a variety of different plants.
This river also forms a flood plan during heavy rain, helping water to drain away naturally and preventing the grassy areas from becoming waterlogged.
A new bridge connects the park with the residential area beyond.
Dezeen is media partner for the World Architecture Festival, which is taking place at the Marina Bay Sands hotel and conference centre in Singapore. You can follow all our coverage of the event here, including a series of movies we filmed with programme director Paul Finch.
- Israeli Pavilion uses "sand printers" to… trace plans of urban sprawl
- Metro West bridge by Explorations Archit…ecture and Buro Happold
- Archium gives rugged stone walls to a ra…dio broadcasting station in Nepal
- Charred-timber extension by A1 Architect…s transforms an old cottage into a home and studio
- The Museum of Copying by FAT at Venice A…rchitecture Biennale 2012
- Steckelhoern 11 by J. Mayer H.
- Tsai Residence by HHF architects and Ai …Weiwei
- Stadtmuseum Rapperswil-Jona extension an…d renovation by MLZD
- Mayfair House by Squire and Partners
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories