World Architecture Festival 2012: the Kallang River Bishan Park in Singapore by landscape designers Atelier Dreiseitl has been given the title Landscape of the Year at the World Architecture Festival (+ slideshow).
A river winds through the centre of the park, replacing a concrete-sided canal, and features bio-engineered edges created with a variety of different plants.
This river also forms a flood plan during heavy rain, helping water to drain away naturally and preventing the grassy areas from becoming waterlogged.
A new bridge connects the park with the residential area beyond.
Dezeen is media partner for the World Architecture Festival, which is taking place at the Marina Bay Sands hotel and conference centre in Singapore. You can follow all our coverage of the event here, including a series of movies we filmed with programme director Paul Finch.
- Casa Mava by Gubbins Arquitectos
- "Peaceful and neutral" mortuary complete…d by Raul Sousa Cardoso and Graça Vaz
- C-Mine by 51N4E
- Elongated gallery and house by Shinichi …Ogawa creates a forest home for a florist
- Paul Chevallier School by Tectoniques
- BMW Museum by Atelier Brückner
- Cliff-top house in Chile by Mas Fernande…z faces out across the ocean
- Dezeen archive: bridges
- University chapel by Dynerman Architects… hides its true form behind a square wall
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories