World Architecture Festival 2012: architects Arcau won the civic and community category at the World Architecture Festival this week for a community building in the French town of Pornic that references traditional local storehouses for salt.
Comprising two gabled blocks, the Solarge Town and Community Building matches the forms of the local architecture, but also features louvred timber facades that conceal a structure of concrete and glass behind.
We've now announced winners for all the awards, including World Building of the Year, Future Project of the Year and Landscape of the Year, as well as all the category winners from day one and day two.
Dezeen is media partner for the World Architecture Festival, which took place at the Marina Bay Sands hotel and conference centre in Singapore. You can follow all our coverage of the event here, including a series of movies we filmed with programme director Paul Finch.
We're also filming movies with some of the winners, which we'll be featuring on Dezeen very soon.
- Drones can "collaborate to build archite…ctural structures"
- Tudela-Culip Restoration Project in Cap …de Creus by EMF and Ardèvol
- National Laboratory of Genomics by TEN A…rquitectos
- Groninger Museum renovation by Studio Jo…b, Maarten Baas and Jaime Hayón
- Playhouse by Aboday
- Cube House by Shinichi Ogawa & Associate…s
- Architectural models by Peter Zumthor
- Timber-clad kindergarten by Behnisch Arc…hitekten opens in new housing district
- Family house in Český ráj by Stempel …& Tesar
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories