World Architecture Festival 2012: architects Arcau won the civic and community category at the World Architecture Festival this week for a community building in the French town of Pornic that references traditional local storehouses for salt.
Comprising two gabled blocks, the Solarge Town and Community Building matches the forms of the local architecture, but also features louvred timber facades that conceal a structure of concrete and glass behind.
We've now announced winners for all the awards, including World Building of the Year, Future Project of the Year and Landscape of the Year, as well as all the category winners from day one and day two.
Dezeen is media partner for the World Architecture Festival, which took place at the Marina Bay Sands hotel and conference centre in Singapore. You can follow all our coverage of the event here, including a series of movies we filmed with programme director Paul Finch.
We're also filming movies with some of the winners, which we'll be featuring on Dezeen very soon.
- Britten-Pears Archive by Stanton William…s
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Winy Maas
- Skagen ØKOntor by Various Architects
- Live-in gallery and studio by Flat House… hides utility rooms in a central cylinder
- Department of Islamic Arts at Musée du …Louvre by Mario Bellini and Rudy Ricciotti
- Art Institute of Chicago Modern Wing by …Renzo Piano Building Workshop
- Japanese house hides a balcony and terra…ce behind tiered walls
- Steilneset Memorial by Peter Zumthor and… Louise Bourgeois
- Paris music school by Basalt Architectur…e features copper walls and cantilevered studios
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories