World Architecture Festival 2012: architects Arcau won the civic and community category at the World Architecture Festival this week for a community building in the French town of Pornic that references traditional local storehouses for salt.
Comprising two gabled blocks, the Solarge Town and Community Building matches the forms of the local architecture, but also features louvred timber facades that conceal a structure of concrete and glass behind.
We've now announced winners for all the awards, including World Building of the Year, Future Project of the Year and Landscape of the Year, as well as all the category winners from day one and day two.
Dezeen is media partner for the World Architecture Festival, which took place at the Marina Bay Sands hotel and conference centre in Singapore. You can follow all our coverage of the event here, including a series of movies we filmed with programme director Paul Finch.
We're also filming movies with some of the winners, which we'll be featuring on Dezeen very soon.
- Tree House by Mount Fuji Architects Stud…io
- Glamping tents shaped like worms and dou…ghnuts by ArchiWorkshop
- Casa Narigua by David Pedroza Castañeda… thrusts out from the Mexican landscape
- Brick Tectonics by Ricardo Ploemen
- House-shaped doorways puncture Hazukashi… House by Alts Design Office
- The Wyckoff Exchange by Andre Kikoski Ar…chitect
- Wind-dyed House by Kazuhiko Kishimoto/ac…aa
- Museum of Contemporary Art & Planning Ex…hibition in Shenzhen by Coop Himmelb[l]au
- Denizen Sauna by Denizen Works + Friends
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories