Slideshow feature: the winner of this year's RIBA Stirling Prize will be revealed tomorrow at a ceremony in Manchester, but in the meantime here's a reminder of the six buildings nominated, which include the London Olympic Stadium, a botanical laboratory and two projects by OMA.
The six competing to be named best building designed or constructed in Britain in the last year are:
» The Hepworth Wakefield, Yorkshire by David Chipperfield Architects;
» London Olympic Stadium by Populous;
» The Lyric Theatre, Belfast by O’Donnell + Tuomey;
» Maggie’s Centre, Gartnavel, Glasgow by OMA;
» New Court, London by OMA with Allies and Morrison;
» Sainsbury Laboratory, Cambridge by Stanton Williams.
A £20,000 prize will be awarded to the winner, which we'll announce here on Dezeen as it happens.
Previous winners include Zaha Hadid for the Evelyn Grace Academy (2011) and the MAXXI Museum (2010) and Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners for the Maggie's Centre they designed in London (2009) - see all our stories about previous winners here.
- Rubix by Chris Kelly
- Raffles City Hangzhou by UNStudio
- Chemical Laboratory Building by Hécto…r Fernández-Elorza
- Xi'an Westin Hotel by Neri&Hu
- Chunky tower covered in plants propose…d for Taiwan's capital
- Droog Townhouse by Atelier Bow-Wow
- Murray Mews by Moxon Architects
- Ansan urban plan by MAD, BIG, INABA an…d Mass Studies
- Forest House in the City by Studio Vel…ocity
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories