Slideshow feature: the winner of this year's RIBA Stirling Prize will be revealed tomorrow at a ceremony in Manchester, but in the meantime here's a reminder of the six buildings nominated, which include the London Olympic Stadium, a botanical laboratory and two projects by OMA.
The six competing to be named best building designed or constructed in Britain in the last year are:
» The Hepworth Wakefield, Yorkshire by David Chipperfield Architects;
» London Olympic Stadium by Populous;
» The Lyric Theatre, Belfast by O’Donnell + Tuomey;
» Maggie’s Centre, Gartnavel, Glasgow by OMA;
» New Court, London by OMA with Allies and Morrison;
» Sainsbury Laboratory, Cambridge by Stanton Williams.
A £20,000 prize will be awarded to the winner, which we'll announce here on Dezeen as it happens.
Previous winners include Zaha Hadid for the Evelyn Grace Academy (2011) and the MAXXI Museum (2010) and Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners for the Maggie's Centre they designed in London (2009) - see all our stories about previous winners here.
- Reiulf Ramstad creates three glass-front…ed cabins as Norwegian holiday home
- Xeritown by X–Architects
- Community Centre in Tyrol by Machné Arc…hitekten
- Slatted timber screens shade poolside re…sidence in Thailand by Architectkidd
- Artworks by Zaha Hadid
- Clothing rails function as partitions in…side apartment and cafe by Alts Design Office
- Casa El Pangue by Elton + Léniz
- Happy Cheap house by Tommy Carlsson is a… prototype for low-cost prefab homes
- Skinny houses: "it's amazing how importa…nt one inch of space becomes"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories