Slideshow feature: the winner of this year's RIBA Stirling Prize will be revealed tomorrow at a ceremony in Manchester, but in the meantime here's a reminder of the six buildings nominated, which include the London Olympic Stadium, a botanical laboratory and two projects by OMA.
The six competing to be named best building designed or constructed in Britain in the last year are:
» The Hepworth Wakefield, Yorkshire by David Chipperfield Architects;
» London Olympic Stadium by Populous;
» The Lyric Theatre, Belfast by O’Donnell + Tuomey;
» Maggie’s Centre, Gartnavel, Glasgow by OMA;
» New Court, London by OMA with Allies and Morrison;
» Sainsbury Laboratory, Cambridge by Stanton Williams.
A £20,000 prize will be awarded to the winner, which we'll announce here on Dezeen as it happens.
Previous winners include Zaha Hadid for the Evelyn Grace Academy (2011) and the MAXXI Museum (2010) and Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners for the Maggie's Centre they designed in London (2009) - see all our stories about previous winners here.
- St Mary's Infant School by Jessop and Co…ok Architects
- Atelier 100architecture slots contempora…ry house into French medieval city centre
- Townhall Schefflenz by Glück+Partner
- Praud's Leaning House is tilted upwards …to maximise exposure to views and sunlight
- Flying Sauna by H3T architects
- Snowflake by Tokujin Yoshioka for Kartel…l
- West Buckland School by Rundell Associat…es
- Milson Island Sports Hall by Allen Jack+…Cottier
- House in Střekov II by 3+1 Architekti
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories