Featuring a pleated stainless steel facade, the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum stands in contrast to the brick buildings of the university's Collegiate Gothic north campus.
Zaha Hadid won a competition in 2008 to design the museum, which contains 1600 square metres of exhibition space, alongside an education wing, study centre, cafe, shop and outdoor sculpture garden. The three-storey building has one basement floor and features double-height galleries for showing modern art, photography, new media and works on paper.
The museum opens on 9 November with the inaugural exhibitions Global Groove 1973/2012, an exploration into current trends in video art, and In Search of Time, which investigates the relationship to time and memory in art.
Photography is by Paul Warchol.
- Movie by Pedro Kok: Galeria Adriana Vare…jão by Rodrigo Cerviño Lopez
- Harold Street Residence by Jackson Cleme…nts Burrows disguises its size with a twisted roof
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Santiago Cal…atrava
- House in Ofuna by Level Architects
- Playhouse by Bach Arquitectes
- Pole Dance by SO-IL at P.S.1
- Housing Pilon by Bevk Perović Arhitekti
- Yinchuan Art Museum by WAA
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Residence O …by Andrea Tognon
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories