Featuring a pleated stainless steel facade, the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum stands in contrast to the brick buildings of the university's Collegiate Gothic north campus.
Zaha Hadid won a competition in 2008 to design the museum, which contains 1600 square metres of exhibition space, alongside an education wing, study centre, cafe, shop and outdoor sculpture garden. The three-storey building has one basement floor and features double-height galleries for showing modern art, photography, new media and works on paper.
The museum opens on 9 November with the inaugural exhibitions Global Groove 1973/2012, an exploration into current trends in video art, and In Search of Time, which investigates the relationship to time and memory in art.
Photography is by Paul Warchol.
- Parabola House by Atelier Tekuto
- Hamburg Science Centre by OMA
- Britten-Pears Archive by Stanton William…s
- Portico by Aida Atelier and Kuno Lab
- Interactive photo of London 2012 Olympic… Park
- PPAG Architects adds mirrored extension …to restaurant in Vienna's Stadtpark
- Hillside house by Okuwada Architects Off…ice overlooks the ocean
- Chameleon Cabin made from paper changes …colour when viewed from either side
- Museum der Kulturen by Herzog & de Meuro…n
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories