News: the yacht that Apple's co-founder Steve Jobs designed for himself before he died this time last year with interiors by French designer Philippe Starck is now complete and has been unveiled at the Dutch shipyard where it was built.
Named Venus, the 80-meter-long ship has an aluminium exterior reminiscent of the company's notebooks plus large panels of glazing common to Apple stores and seven 27-inch Macs in the wheelhouse. It was built over six years at the Koninklijke De Vries shipyards of the Feadship custom yacht-building company in Aalsmeer, the Netherlands.
Jobs' widow and three of their children were present for the ceremony but it's not yet clear what will happen to the boat.
"I know that it's possible I will die and leave Laurene with a half-built boat," Jobs is reported to have said in his biography by Walter Isaacson. "But I have to keep going on it. If I don't, it's an admission that I'm about to die."
- Andrea Branzi at Fondation Cartier
- Fuck You and the Horse You Rode in On by… Kelly McCallum
- Meeraboo FL-1 by Victor Vetterlein
- Gravity by Ziiiro at Dezeen Watch Store
- ck IN2U bottle by Stephen Burks
- PIG 05049 by Christien Meindertsma
- L40 and L41 by Geoffrey Lilge
- Glass panes form transparent labyrinth b…y Robert Morris
- Book cover refuses to open for judgmenta…l readers
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories