News: the yacht that Apple's co-founder Steve Jobs designed for himself before he died this time last year with interiors by French designer Philippe Starck is now complete and has been unveiled at the Dutch shipyard where it was built.
Named Venus, the 80-meter-long ship has an aluminium exterior reminiscent of the company's notebooks plus large panels of glazing common to Apple stores and seven 27-inch Macs in the wheelhouse. It was built over six years at the Koninklijke De Vries shipyards of the Feadship custom yacht-building company in Aalsmeer, the Netherlands.
Jobs' widow and three of their children were present for the ceremony but it's not yet clear what will happen to the boat.
"I know that it's possible I will die and leave Laurene with a half-built boat," Jobs is reported to have said in his biography by Walter Isaacson. "But I have to keep going on it. If I don't, it's an admission that I'm about to die."
- B60 Sloop by John Pawson and Luca Brenta
- Secret Operation 610 by Rietveld Landsca…pe and Studio Frank Havermans
- Shan Valla at The Temporium
- The Possibilities of Parts by Studio lvw…p
- Waver by Konstantin Grcic for Vitra
- New watches available exclusively for Va…lentine's Day at Dezeen Watch Store
- CT09 Enoki side tables by Philipp Mainze…r for e15
- E8 table by Mathias Hahn
- Lullaby Factory by Studio Weave
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories