Product news: his stool by Norwegian designer Hallgeir Homstvedt is held up by three slim, curved legs inspired by skateboards (+ movie).
The thin, wide wooden legs are screwed to the outside of the round seat using an x-shaped joint, making the stool stronger and easier to put together and take apart.
One Nordic, which launched during Stockholm Design Week this year, is an online shop dedicated to flat-pack designs requiring simple self-assembly, such as Form Us With Love's bent wood furniture collection.
Above: Pal stools among the One Nordic collection. Photograph is by Antti Pulli
We've featured a few other projects inspired by skateboards, including a house filled with concrete surfaces for the owner to skateboard over and a prototype for a house where the walls, floors and ceiling are all a skate ramp.
- Jaime Hayón vase collection for Bisazza
- Shading by Robert Stadler at Carpenters …Workshop Gallery
- Outofstock turns ceramic exhaust filters… into scent diffusers
- Vanity Shelf by Outofstock for Ligne Ros…et
- Heal's launches Autumn/Winter 2014 furni…ture collections
- LG70 by Seymourpowell
- Anna Czaniecka shapes kettle like mugs t…o save water when making tea
- Jet Set by Jaime Hayón
- Quilt by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories