Product news: his stool by Norwegian designer Hallgeir Homstvedt is held up by three slim, curved legs inspired by skateboards (+ movie).
The thin, wide wooden legs are screwed to the outside of the round seat using an x-shaped joint, making the stool stronger and easier to put together and take apart.
One Nordic, which launched during Stockholm Design Week this year, is an online shop dedicated to flat-pack designs requiring simple self-assembly, such as Form Us With Love's bent wood furniture collection.
Above: Pal stools among the One Nordic collection. Photograph is by Antti Pulli
We've featured a few other projects inspired by skateboards, including a house filled with concrete surfaces for the owner to skateboard over and a prototype for a house where the walls, floors and ceiling are all a skate ramp.
- Haptic Chair by Trine Kjaer Design Studi…o
- LightHive by Alex Haw
- Shan Valla at The Temporium
- Energy Bucket by Stefano Merlo
- Gabriel Chandelier at the Château de Ve…rsailles by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
- Andrea Rekalidis' ceramic desk-tidies ta…ke the form of Italian landmarks
- Bust marble chair by Tomáš Gabzdil Lib…ertíny
- Tom Dixon to give away 1,000 lights
- Designed in Hackney: Luminous Lace by Lo…op.pH
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories