Product news: his stool by Norwegian designer Hallgeir Homstvedt is held up by three slim, curved legs inspired by skateboards (+ movie).
The thin, wide wooden legs are screwed to the outside of the round seat using an x-shaped joint, making the stool stronger and easier to put together and take apart.
One Nordic, which launched during Stockholm Design Week this year, is an online shop dedicated to flat-pack designs requiring simple self-assembly, such as Form Us With Love's bent wood furniture collection.
Above: Pal stools among the One Nordic collection. Photograph is by Antti Pulli
We've featured a few other projects inspired by skateboards, including a house filled with concrete surfaces for the owner to skateboard over and a prototype for a house where the walls, floors and ceiling are all a skate ramp.
- Ron Arad at Timothy Taylor Gallery
- Julian Lechner turns old coffee ground…s into reusable cups
- Pollee by UiWE
- Disposable canvas layers rejuvenate Mo…del 1 shoes by Lou Moria
- Fading Mirror by Thomas Eurlings
- Rick Owens adds sandals and clogs to f…ootwear range for Adidas
- Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents: To…moko Azumi
- Designer New Year cards
- Fashion collection features solar pane…ls for charging a mobile phone
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories