Customers visiting a pop-up 3D photo booth in Tokyo from tomorrow can take home miniature colour models of themselves (+ slideshow).
Prices start at ¥ 21,000 (around £160) for the smallest size, with discounts available for family groups.
Customers first have to stand perfectly still for around 15 minutes while staff scan them with a handheld scanner. The figurines are then printed on a colour 3D printer.
Shashinkan is the Japanese term for photo booth.
- Qantas First Lounges by Marc Newson
- Glowing indoor forest made from paper …by Orproject
- Scary Beautiful by Leanie van der Vyve…r
- Mischer'Traxler reveals manufacturing …processes by transforming objects into tool kits
- Job Office collection by Studio Job fo…r Lensvelt
- Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents: Ha…rry Thaler
- Ron Arad: Restless - "It would be nice… if a lot of things were moving"
- Note Design Studio extends Silo lamp c…ollection for Zero
- Established & Sons in Milan 2010
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories