Customers visiting a pop-up 3D photo booth in Tokyo from tomorrow can take home miniature colour models of themselves (+ slideshow).
Prices start at ¥ 21,000 (around £160) for the smallest size, with discounts available for family groups.
Customers first have to stand perfectly still for around 15 minutes while staff scan them with a handheld scanner. The figurines are then printed on a colour 3D printer.
Shashinkan is the Japanese term for photo booth.
- "I don't really believe in instruction m…anuals" - Marc Newson
- Side Chair One and Two by Alexander Knel…ler
- Mini Clubvan Concept
- Pretty in Prison mirror by The Practice …of Everyday Design
- Studio Toogood creates a blood red insta…llation for Hermès
- "Street culture is synonymous with east …London" - Lee Broom
- The Hybrid Project by Readymade Projects…, Mogollon and Daniel Hakansson
- Stand table by Jakob Timpe slots togethe…r without glue or fixings
- Wooden Mesh by Diego Vencato
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories