Customers visiting a pop-up 3D photo booth in Tokyo from tomorrow can take home miniature colour models of themselves (+ slideshow).
Prices start at ¥ 21,000 (around £160) for the smallest size, with discounts available for family groups.
Customers first have to stand perfectly still for around 15 minutes while staff scan them with a handheld scanner. The figurines are then printed on a colour 3D printer.
Shashinkan is the Japanese term for photo booth.
- KAPKAR / BB-N34 by Frank Havermans
- HiKARI lights by Rasmus Fenhann
- Piet Zwart Institute students combine mu…sical instruments with furniture and homeware
- The Thread Wrapping Machine by Anton Alv…arez
- From a Lost City by Christian Vivanco
- Greenland’s first product designer tri…ggers “explosion of new designers” in her homeland
- Ron Arad: No Discipline at MOMA
- Tokujin Yoshioka installation at Design …Miami
- Minimalist Effect in the Maximalist Mark…et by Antrepo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories