Eslava&Sauras of Valencia has redesigned the European headquarters of Velcro in Barcelona, using the brand's handy hook-and-loop fasteners to construct flexible screens and lampshades (+ slideshow).
"We wanted to convey the new values of the Velcro brand through the use of open, transparent spaces," explain designers Luis Eslava and Lorena Sauras."The goal was to achieve a creative, modern, and dynamic environment, including movable walls that combine spaces and a bright, upbeat atmosphere where white dominates a few splashes of colour."
The designers used a spherical mould to build the red globe-like Velcro lampshades, which hang in the corridor and reception spaces.
Glass screens separate the reception from a small exhibition area, while Velcro pads on the wall display a map of the world.
Planting boxes line the edge of the long corridor, leading through to a row of three glazed conference rooms.
Here, the designers have used Velcro strips to create semi-transparent screens that can be easily adapted or moved to provide more or less privacy.
Other well-known brand headquarters we've featured include the Amsterdam offices for drinks brand Red Bull and the headquarters of cake brand Sara Lee in Cologne.
Photography is by Jordi Adriá.
- WORKac shuns "office as playground" for …Wieden + Kennedy's NY headquarters
- The Times Transplantation Building by Na…no Architects
- Konstantin Grcic designs glass furniture… with moving parts for Galerie Kreo show
- V&A washrooms by Glowacka Rennie
- Studio MK27's "bookstore of the 21st cen…tury" was designed as a social meeting place
- WikiBar Paris by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Hermès Rive Gauche by RDAI
- New Pinterest board: offices
- Kanazawa World Craft Triennial 2010 Pre-…event by Nendo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories