Eslava&Sauras of Valencia has redesigned the European headquarters of Velcro in Barcelona, using the brand's handy hook-and-loop fasteners to construct flexible screens and lampshades (+ slideshow).
"We wanted to convey the new values of the Velcro brand through the use of open, transparent spaces," explain designers Luis Eslava and Lorena Sauras."The goal was to achieve a creative, modern, and dynamic environment, including movable walls that combine spaces and a bright, upbeat atmosphere where white dominates a few splashes of colour."
The designers used a spherical mould to build the red globe-like Velcro lampshades, which hang in the corridor and reception spaces.
Glass screens separate the reception from a small exhibition area, while Velcro pads on the wall display a map of the world.
Planting boxes line the edge of the long corridor, leading through to a row of three glazed conference rooms.
Here, the designers have used Velcro strips to create semi-transparent screens that can be easily adapted or moved to provide more or less privacy.
Other well-known brand headquarters we've featured include the Amsterdam offices for drinks brand Red Bull and the headquarters of cake brand Sara Lee in Cologne.
Photography is by Jordi Adriá.
- LN-CC by Gary Card
- Pleats Please Issey Miyake/Aoyama by Tok…ujin Yoshioka
- Social 01 office by i29
- Design High at Louise Blouin Foundation
- Rounded Loft by A1 Architects
- Studio Nuctale by Paul Coudamy
- Tolila+Gilliland converts jewellery shop… into felt-lined Aesop store
- Studio 360 adds walls of modular shelvin…g and storage to Slovenian apartment
- Inside Awards: V&A Ceramics Study Galler…ies by OPERA Amsterdam
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories