Stockholm 2013: Stockholm studio Form Us With Love will launch a tiered spun metal lamp for Finnish brand One Nordic at Stockholm Furniture Fair this week.
The Levels lamps are made in three parts that stack inside each other for transportation but can be assembled without tools.
The folded-over rim of each part allows the shades to hang from each other.
“At the factory the metal sheets used for the lampshades are spun and pushed around a rotating mandrel until they reach perfect circle forms," say Form Us With Love.
"At the very end of the spin you give the shades a fold to support the structure," they continue. "The spun fold gave us the idea of making the different sized shades hang from one another, allowing for the parts to be stacked when transported.”
Different sizes of shade can be combined in various configurations and they come in three colours: white, grey and copper.
Positioning themselves somewhere between high design and flatpack, One Nordic launched at last year's Stockholm Furniture fair with the aim of "shipping as little air as possible" while still making their products simple and intuitive to assemble.
Form Us With Love created the Bento chair for One Nordic's first collection, which assembles with one large bolt under the seat rather than fiddly screws or glue.
Other designs by Form Us With Love on Dezeen include a lamp with an electrical socket integrated into the base, a menswear shop where clothes are displayed like tools and a watch for new Swedish brand TID Watches, which you can purchase from Dezeen Watch Store.
Photographs are by Jonas Lindström.
- Birth certificates by IWANT for Icon mag…azine
- "You'll probably need an aspirin" after …my Design Museum show, says Paul Smith
- Five years ago...
- Raft by Norm Architects for &tradition
- Corner project by Guise
- Ineke Hans designs colourful signage and… street furniture for roadside art trail
- Interview: Justin McGuirk at Dezeen Stud…io
- Dezeen Watch Store summer sale: get 40% …off Deckster by N-Product
- Jasper Morrison's latest products for Vi…tra to feature at London Design Festival
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories