News: American rapper-turned-property developer Vanilla Ice has designed a collection of chandeliers and wall lamps in collaboration with New Jersey-based company Capitol Lighting.
Ice, whose real name is Rob Van Winkle, unveiled the collection at Fort Lauderdale Boat Show in Florida last month.
The range comprises two wall lamps and a 24-inch and a 28-inch chandelier, available in two finishes: polished nickel or vintage brass. Prices range from $250 to $1400.
Best known for his 1990 hit single Ice Ice Baby, the rapper has since turned his hand to property development and is now the star of his own home renovation TV series, The Vanilla Ice Project.
Vanilla Ice isn't the first hip hop star to take an interest in architecture and design – we've previously featured a chair with tank-like wheels by rapper and producer Pharrell Williams and Kanye West's minimalist apartment in New York, while rapper and former architecture student Ice Cube went on film to explain how designers Charles and Ray Eames have inspired his music.
Last year we also featured the much-discussed debut furniture collection by Hollywood star Brad Pitt, which includes a marble bathtub for two.
- Konstantin Grcic's Remo chair for Plan…k features a T-shaped back
- New collection by La Chance
- Dezeen's green design selection in the… Independent on Sunday
- Studio Swine extends collection of pro…ducts made from hair
- LuvOwl by Craig Alun Smith
- Rise & Shine by Hunting & Narud
- &made offer free Milan rides
- Help Japan Poster by Wieden + Kennedy
- Watch Sculptures: Moments in Time by D…ominic Wilcox
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories