News: American rapper-turned-property developer Vanilla Ice has designed a collection of chandeliers and wall lamps in collaboration with New Jersey-based company Capitol Lighting.
Ice, whose real name is Rob Van Winkle, unveiled the collection at Fort Lauderdale Boat Show in Florida last month.
The range comprises two wall lamps and a 24-inch and a 28-inch chandelier, available in two finishes: polished nickel or vintage brass. Prices range from $250 to $1400.
Best known for his 1990 hit single Ice Ice Baby, the rapper has since turned his hand to property development and is now the star of his own home renovation TV series, The Vanilla Ice Project.
Vanilla Ice isn't the first hip hop star to take an interest in architecture and design – we've previously featured a chair with tank-like wheels by rapper and producer Pharrell Williams and Kanye West's minimalist apartment in New York, while rapper and former architecture student Ice Cube went on film to explain how designers Charles and Ray Eames have inspired his music.
Last year we also featured the much-discussed debut furniture collection by Hollywood star Brad Pitt, which includes a marble bathtub for two.
- The Shell by Maarten Baas
- Flight Brigade music video by Simon Robe…rts follows an animated train journey
- Lean by Jenny Bäck
- UNITEA by Fionn Tynan O'Mahony in The Ch…anging Room at Dezeen Super Store
- Paper Eyelashes by Paperself at The Temp…orium
- 132 5. by Issey Miyake
- Embroidery Chairs by Johan Lindstén
- Porcelain by Jaime Hayón for Kutani Cho…emon
- Smile Makers by Ramblin' Brands
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories