This stop-frame movie by American photographer James Florio documents the day and night-time scenes at Elqui Domos, a hotel for stargazers in Chile's Elqui Valley.
First opened in 2005, the hotel comprises a series of timber cabins where guests can observe the stars whilst lying in their beds.
Some cabins feature geodesic domes on their rooftops, while four recent additions by Santiago studio RDM Arquitectura come with large angled skylights and rooftop viewing platforms.
James Florio used over 23,000 photographs to make the four-minute movie, taken over a period of six months.
- Lolita by Langarita-Navarro Arquitectos
- AMA House by Katsutoshi Sasaki + Associa…tes
- 55 Blair Road by ONG&ONG
- House Wiva by Open Y Office
- Shadow House by Jonathan Tuckey Design
- Slim House extension by alma-nac
- Tadao Ando and Annabelle Selldorf transf…orm Clark Art Institute in Massachusetts
- Airhouse Design Office creates a hierarc…hy of rooms inside House in Ohno
- Garden room added to Marseille townhouse… by Marion Bernard Agency
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories