Milan 2013: London studio PearsonLloyd has designed a range of plastic stacking chairs with colourful metal legs for Danish brand HOWE.
The SixE chairs stack neatly on top of one-another and have thin legs that can be coordinated with the colour of the seat shell or ordered in contrasting shades. Other options include armrests that extend up from the back legs and padded seats are also available in a range of colours.
The chairs were first launched at Orgatec trade fair in Cologne last year and began production with HOWE earlier this year. They will also be exhibited in Milan this April, where Zaha Hadid will launch a system of twisting auditorium chairs for Poltrona Frau Contract and OMA will release a furniture collection for Knoll.
Here is some more information from HOWE:
SixE by PearsonLloyd - Manufactured by HOWE
PearsonLloyd has designed a new stacking chair that is uniquely suited to our contemporary society. A thorough market analysis led PearsonLloyd to identify new areas of unfilled need which resulted in the SixE chair. A two year long process led to a design that is as beautifully expressive as it is practical. It’s name SixE represents its credentials: Elegant, Ergonomic, Environmental, Efficient, Easy to handle, and Economic.
SixE is available in many guises – as a side chair, an armchair and with or without an upholstered seat pad. In addition, the SixE family will grow steadily introducing new versions in the near future.
The SixE chair was firstly introduced at the Orgatec fair in Cologne. It will also have a leading role in HOWE’s exhibition “Breathing diversity” at the Milan fair in April.
- Designjunction is a place where "people …can get really excited about design"
- Rhino Skin - Second Chance Gear by Hila …Raam
- Studio Job and Jaime Hayón for Bisazza
- PP Møbler launches Hans J Wegner chairs… to celebrate 100-year anniversary
- Burn Burn Burn by Sarah van Gameren
- Diamond chair by Nendo
- Moustache creates video to avoid exhibit…ing in "disappointing" Milan
- Kohei Nawa's Foam installation created a… cloud-like landscape of soapy bubbles
- Nature V2.01 by Draw Me a Sheep
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories