Milan 2013: items in this furniture range by Paris-based designer Arik Levy have wooden bases inspired by traditional Japanese footwear (+ slideshow).
Arik Levy modelled the elevated solid oak bases of the sideboards and sofas on geta sandals, which are made of flat planks raised on wooden teeth.
Modular sideboards come in different configurations of cupboards, shelves and drawers and can be customised with a range of timbers, veneers and painted lacquers.
Geta seating systems are also modular, available as an armchair or sofa with foam and fibre cushions plus optional storage arms or tables.
Other designs to be released in Milan include twisting auditorium seats by Zaha Hadid and PearsonLloyd's stacking chairs with colourful legs.
Arik Levy has also designed an installation that uses body movements to mutate computer-generated crystals and a pebble-shaped device for opening water bottles.
- Established & Sons in Milan 2
- Baklava by Claesson Koivisto Rune for Ö…rsjö Belysning
- Paul Smith upholsters classic furniture …designs by Hans J. Wegner in his signature stripes
- Bent by Anne-Cécile Rappa
- Ski suits with solar-powered lights by W…illy Bogner
- LQ chandeliers by Hani Rashid for Zumtob…el
- Zaha Hadid and John Pawson for Fusital
- Minarets by Kacper Hamilton and Ezgi Tur…ksoy
- Peepoo bag by Anders Wilhelmson
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories