Milan 2013: items in this furniture range by Paris-based designer Arik Levy have wooden bases inspired by traditional Japanese footwear (+ slideshow).
Arik Levy modelled the elevated solid oak bases of the sideboards and sofas on geta sandals, which are made of flat planks raised on wooden teeth.
Modular sideboards come in different configurations of cupboards, shelves and drawers and can be customised with a range of timbers, veneers and painted lacquers.
Geta seating systems are also modular, available as an armchair or sofa with foam and fibre cushions plus optional storage arms or tables.
Other designs to be released in Milan include twisting auditorium seats by Zaha Hadid and PearsonLloyd's stacking chairs with colourful legs.
Arik Levy has also designed an installation that uses body movements to mutate computer-generated crystals and a pebble-shaped device for opening water bottles.
- Hair Glasses by Studio Swine
- Daniel Libeskind creates chandelier for… Lasvit from shafts of crystal
- Lettera 9 by Demian Conrad
- P’9521 mobile phone by Porsche Design
- Reborn by Being Object
- Roll & Hill presents seven new product l…ines in New York
- Chorong lamp by Joongho Choi
- Pivot by Raw Edges for Arco
- Dezeen’s top ten: shoes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories