Milan 2013: Berlin-based designer Werner Aisslinger will unveil brightly coloured chairs and a set of modular furniture for Italian brand Moroso in Milan next month (+ slideshow).
The Bikini Island collection comprises a range of modular units, including tables, poufs, cabinets and sofas in various fabrics.
The angular sofas can also be matched with round tables, bookshelves, clothes rails and plant pots.
The furniture will be presented at Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan between from 9 to 14 April.
Aisslinger recently presented a storage system for German brand Flötotto that's held together by plastic clips as well as a swinging sofa for the office – see all design by Werner Aisslinger.
Other products created for the brand include a Le Corbusier-inspired armchair and sofa by London designers Doshi Levien and Tord Boontje's plywood furniture held together by thread – see all design from Moroso.
- Diller and Scofidio create "mischievous"… leak inside Jean Nouvel's glass gallery
- Nader Faghihzadeh of BMW
- Famous modernist chair shapes merged int…o a bar stool by Eugeni Quitllet
- Local River by Mathieu Lehanneur 2
- A utensil is not just a utensil by James… Stoklund
- Moments in Time by Dominic Wilcox
- Mark the last veil by Roos Kuipers
- Steam Roaster by Compeixalaigua Design S…tudio
- Windswept by Charles Sowers
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories