Milan 2013: Berlin-based designer Werner Aisslinger will unveil brightly coloured chairs and a set of modular furniture for Italian brand Moroso in Milan next month (+ slideshow).
The Bikini Island collection comprises a range of modular units, including tables, poufs, cabinets and sofas in various fabrics.
The angular sofas can also be matched with round tables, bookshelves, clothes rails and plant pots.
The furniture will be presented at Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan between from 9 to 14 April.
Aisslinger recently presented a storage system for German brand Flötotto that's held together by plastic clips as well as a swinging sofa for the office – see all design by Werner Aisslinger.
Other products created for the brand include a Le Corbusier-inspired armchair and sofa by London designers Doshi Levien and Tord Boontje's plywood furniture held together by thread – see all design from Moroso.
- Lollipop-making kit by Tessa Geuze is de…signed to create homemade seasonal treats
- Change to the furniture industry "will h…ave to come from designers"
- Scoop chair by KiBiSi for Globe Zero 4
- Kyuhyung Cho creates colourful three-sid…ed shelves for Menu
- Jaime Hayón designs ceramic lights for …Parachilna
- B&B Italia in Milan
- BAC chair by Jasper Morrison for Cappell…ini
- OMA's CCTV building reconstructed as a w…ooden cabinet
- AM02 and AM03 Air Multiplier fans by Dys…on
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories