French design duo Cauboyz built a wall of illuminated words to make this typography-inspired music video (+ movies).
Cauboyz created the Dream music video for French electro pop band Husbands by filming a wall of words that light up in time with the song's lyrics, as the additional "making of" movie reveals (bottom).
The lights were controlled by a large panel of switches. "The idea was to make something that we could play. We like doing it with our hands," the designers told Dezeen.
The lettering was designed to recall commercial neon signs and the typography found in old advertisements.
"We wanted to do something simple with a little bit of poetry," they added. "We like to see the lyrics like logos, as if the author wanted us to offer maxims."
We featured another music video earlier this year, which saw a wall of bookshelves transformed into a futuristic backdrop – see all design for music on Dezeen.
Check out Dezeen Music Project for our pick of original tracks from upcoming musicians.
- Chunky stitches pattern Bandas rugs and …furniture by Patricia Urquiola
- Monolith eroded marble tableware by Shir…a Keret
- Lee Broom creates Nouveau Rebel collecti…on in "de rigueur" marble
- 50by70 by Tim Fishlock for Habitat
- Branca by Industrial Facility for Mattia…zzi
- Maxime Mellot's Turia table includes a b…irdcage, fish tank and plant pot
- Postfossil at Milan 2010
- I was a teenager in the... by Fandango P…rojects
- Monica Förster folds cushions over sofa… modules for Fogia
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories