French design duo Cauboyz built a wall of illuminated words to make this typography-inspired music video (+ movies).
Cauboyz created the Dream music video for French electro pop band Husbands by filming a wall of words that light up in time with the song's lyrics, as the additional "making of" movie reveals (bottom).
The lights were controlled by a large panel of switches. "The idea was to make something that we could play. We like doing it with our hands," the designers told Dezeen.
The lettering was designed to recall commercial neon signs and the typography found in old advertisements.
"We wanted to do something simple with a little bit of poetry," they added. "We like to see the lyrics like logos, as if the author wanted us to offer maxims."
We featured another music video earlier this year, which saw a wall of bookshelves transformed into a futuristic backdrop – see all design for music on Dezeen.
Check out Dezeen Music Project for our pick of original tracks from upcoming musicians.
- If Only Gio Knew... by Martino Gamper
- South Korean road signs by Studio Dumbar
- ABChairs by Roeland Otten
- One engine fits all in Re-do Studio's Bi…o 50 project
- 50 projects_25 objects + 25 spaces by N…endo
- "The current trend is to have an outdoor… kitchen"
- Ineke Hans shows new work
- Coquille Sofa by Markus Johansson resemb…les the curved form of a shell
- Fly Factory produces insect pate that "t…astes like chicken"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories