Slideshow feature: Zaha Hadid's Sheikh Zayed Bridge in Abu Dhabi is pictured in these new images by London photographers Hufton + Crow.
The 842-metre-long bridge connects Abu Dhabi Island with the mainland and comprises a sequence of concrete waves that curve up and down from the water to reach a height of 64 metres. A four-lane highway runs across and the two road decks are cantilevered from the sides of the structure.
- 4 Passive Houses by Anders Holmberg
- Casa Redux by Studio MK27: the cause of …a marriage collapse?
- Dezeen's A-Zdvent calendar: Haus W by Kr…aus Schoenberg
- MON Factory/House by EASTERN Design Offi…ce
- Casa 2G by Stación-ARquitectura
- Óscar Miguel Ares Álvarez converts Spa…nish slaughterhouse into community centre
- Izukougen House by Atelier Shinya Miura
- House in Sanbonmatsu by Hironaka Ogawa
- 3D-printed structural components will le…ad to "new building shapes"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories