Slideshow feature: Zaha Hadid's Sheikh Zayed Bridge in Abu Dhabi is pictured in these new images by London photographers Hufton + Crow.
The 842-metre-long bridge connects Abu Dhabi Island with the mainland and comprises a sequence of concrete waves that curve up and down from the water to reach a height of 64 metres. A four-lane highway runs across and the two road decks are cantilevered from the sides of the structure.
- Woodland home by Hiroshi Nakamura design…ed to resemble a cluster of timber tepees
- Intertwining staircases spiral around th…e glazed core of Hiroshi Nakamura's Ribbon Chapel
- Harpa by Henning Larsen Architects
- Zagreb Dance Center by 3LHD
- Haus am Weinberg by UNStudio
- Wooden huts demonstrate regional buildin…g techniques at the Finnish Pavilion
- Town Hall Midden-Delfland by Inbo
- Xeritown by X–Architects
- Maison Escalier by Moussafir Architectes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories