Milan 2013: German designer Stefan Diez unveiled a trio of chairs for German furniture brand e15 at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile last week.
The chairs combine a curved plywood shell with a solid frame and are available in a palette of colours assembled by designer Farah Ebrahimi: natural wood, neon pink, navy, white, light grey and dark grey.
Dezeen interviewed Diez as part of the Dezeentalks series at the immcologne trade fair in 2011, where he talked about working conditions, mittens for motorcycles and sex tourism – see all design by Stefan Diez.
Earlier this year e15 launched re-editions of furniture designed by German modernist Ferdinand Kramer in the first half of the twentieth century – see all design by e15.
Our round-up of highlights from the Salone included a lamp with a glass base by Industrial Facility and chairs with wavy backs by Spanish designer Patricia Urquiola, while French architect Jean Nouvel presented a huge installation imagining office environments of the future – see all news and products from Milan this year.
Photographs are by Ingmar Kurth.
Here's some more information from e15:
Named after the famous card trick, Stefan Diez applies the same plywood material as for the iconic Houdini seating series to craft the robust and versatile side chair This, lounge chair That and stool Other. The progressive and deceptively simple This That Other seating series by Munich based designer Stefan Diez illustrates e15’s key philosophy in exposing and featuring elements essential to the construction of a product. Simplifying the construction, this family represents a very economical offering for the contract market.
Providing ultimate comfort, the rounded shapes of the THIS THAT OTHER seating series give way to modern spirit and rational details in distinct quality. Forthright colours developed by Farah Ebrahimi signify the unique spirit of the seating series in a palette of neon pink, navy and shades of grey.
- I Have a Lifestyle model-kit window inst…allation by Fabio Novembre for Tommy Hilfiger
- Stair-Rover by Po-Chih Lai update
- Suspended Figure by Ayako Maruta at Dies…el Denim Gallery Aoyama
- Selfridges windows curated by Designersb…lock
- Stick Chair by Emmanuelle Moureaux
- Lotus Sculpture by Gerry Judah
- Designed in Hackney: Lufthansa Business …Class Seat and Cabin by PearsonLloyd
- Architect silhouettes pose inside iconic… windows for Federico Babina's Archiwindow series
- Autumn/Winter chair by Aga Brzostek
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories