Product news: a perforated door slides across the front of these simple sideboards by Danish designer Simon Legald for Normann Copenhagen.
The perforations mean it can be used as a TV cabinet because devices hidden inside can still be operated with a remote control when the doors are closed.
"I like to work in the cross field between craftsmanship and industry," says Legald. "When you buy a modern sideboard, it is often designed with pure craftsmanship or total industry in mind."
"With Kabino I have explored manufacturing methods and various combinations of material in order for Kabino to have a little of both."
Colourful wall-mounted shelves and a collection of cabinets carved with geometric patterns are the most recent stories we've featured about storage.
Here's some more information from the brand:
Kabino is a simple and versatile sideboard with an exclusive look designed by Simon Legald. One of the sideboard's two sliding doors has perforated holes, giving it a visual elegance. The ash frame softens the feel and adds warmth. Kabino is a useful piece of furniture for almost anywhere in the home.
Designer Simon Legald often adds his personal touch to his designs through well thought out details. He has worked with the details of the doors on Kabino breaking up the otherwise uniform surface and creating a more dynamic design. This can for example be seen in the handles, which have been deliberately staggered and made into an integral part of the doors.
Kabino is available with white or grey doors and is ideal as a sideboard in the living room, dining room, hallway or bedroom. Kabino is also suitable to be used as a TV cabinet due to the built-in cable outlet and the perforated holes, which make it possible to use a remote control even when the doors are closed.
- Swarovski Crystal Palace 2
- Moustache creates video to avoid exhibit…ing in "disappointing" Milan
- Z.BOX by Zaha Hadid
- Aluminium and timber light shades by Nic…k Sadowsky use gravity to maintain shape
- Labvert's glass fragrance tester for Dio…r prevents mixing of scents
- Bench Years by Established & Sons at the… V&A museum
- Stone by Denis Guidone now available at …Dezeen Watch Store
- Michael Anastassiades creates minimal li…ghting designs from glowing spheres
- Maarten Baas at Via Voghera 8 in Milan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories