Here are the first photographs of Zaha Hadid's almost-completed Heydar Aliyev Center, an undulating cultural centre in Baku, Azerbaijan.
Expected to open in September, the 57,000 square-metre building is designed by Zaha Hadid Architects as a fluid volume that folds up from the landscape to form a single continuous surface.
Glazed openings between folds will offer entrances, leading into the library, museum and conference centre contained inside.
In the last year Hadid has completed several buildings, including a 142-metre tower in Marseille and a 330,000-square-metre retail, office and entertainment complex in Beijing.
She also recently purchased the current building of the Design Museum in London and is planning to convert it into an archive of her studio's designs. See more stories about Zaha Hadid »
Here's some project credits from Zaha Hadid Architects:
Architect: Zaha Hadid Architects
Design: Zaha Hadid, Patrik Schumacher
Project Architect & Designer: Saffet Kaya Bekiroglu
Design Team: Sara Sheikh Akbari, Shiqi Li, Phil Soo Kim, Marc Boles, Yelda Gin, Liat Muller, Deniz Manisali
Lillie Liu, Jose Lemos, Simone Fuchs, Jose Ramon Tramoyeres, Yu Du, Tahmina Parvin, Erhan Patat, Fadi Mansour, Jaime Bartolome, Josef Glas, Michael Grau, Deepti Zachariah, Ceyhun Baskin, Daniel Widrig, Murat Mutlu
Main Contractor: Dia
Structural: AKT, Tuncel Engineers
Space Frame: Mero
Façade Consultant: Werner Sobek
Mechanical: Gmd Engineers
Acoustics Consultant: Mezzo Studyo
Lighting Consultant: Mbld
Fire Consultant: Etik Engineering
- David Adjaye pavilion unveiled
- Casa Rufo by Alberto Campo Baeza
- Seven-metre doors reveal a courtyard ins…ide TACHA_Design's Baan Yo Yen house
- Yucatan House by Isay Weinfeld
- National Museum of Qatar by Jean Nouvel
- Trail House by Anne Holtrop
- House in Izumi-Ohmiya by Tato Architects…
- Gimme Shelter! by Sebastián Irarrázava…l and Hugo Mondragón
- Williamson Chong's House in Frogs Hollow… burrows into the Ontario landscape
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories