Here are the first photographs of Zaha Hadid's almost-completed Heydar Aliyev Center, an undulating cultural centre in Baku, Azerbaijan.
Expected to open in September, the 57,000 square-metre building is designed by Zaha Hadid Architects as a fluid volume that folds up from the landscape to form a single continuous surface.
Glazed openings between folds will offer entrances, leading into the library, museum and conference centre contained inside.
In the last year Hadid has completed several buildings, including a 142-metre tower in Marseille and a 330,000-square-metre retail, office and entertainment complex in Beijing.
She also recently purchased the current building of the Design Museum in London and is planning to convert it into an archive of her studio's designs. See more stories about Zaha Hadid »
Here's some project credits from Zaha Hadid Architects:
Architect: Zaha Hadid Architects
Design: Zaha Hadid, Patrik Schumacher
Project Architect & Designer: Saffet Kaya Bekiroglu
Design Team: Sara Sheikh Akbari, Shiqi Li, Phil Soo Kim, Marc Boles, Yelda Gin, Liat Muller, Deniz Manisali
Lillie Liu, Jose Lemos, Simone Fuchs, Jose Ramon Tramoyeres, Yu Du, Tahmina Parvin, Erhan Patat, Fadi Mansour, Jaime Bartolome, Josef Glas, Michael Grau, Deepti Zachariah, Ceyhun Baskin, Daniel Widrig, Murat Mutlu
Main Contractor: Dia
Structural: AKT, Tuncel Engineers
Space Frame: Mero
Façade Consultant: Werner Sobek
Mechanical: Gmd Engineers
Acoustics Consultant: Mezzo Studyo
Lighting Consultant: Mbld
Fire Consultant: Etik Engineering
- Schuler Villa by Andrea Pelati Architect…e
- House in Naruto by Horibe Associates
- Harbin Cultural Centre by MAD
- Softly contoured interiors lend cave-lik…e aesthetic to lakeside cabin
- Norwegian Embassy in Kathmandu by Kristi…n Jarmund Architects
- São Paulo warehouse revamped into Red B…ull arts centre by Triptyque
- Oktokki Space Center by Mass Studies
- dezeen loves... Public Space Shading Can…opy
- La Maison des Petits by Matali Crasset
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories